Aftermath of panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I'm new here and I've been suffering from panic attacks for about 3 years I don't get them that offen but yesterday I suffered 1 which. Pretty scary today I have woken up with chest pain on left side of chest near heart 

also I have shortness of breath I smoke to and iv been typing my symtoms in google and jus getting shocking diagnosis of heart attcks.. Can any1 relate to this story would take a load of my mind it these symtoms are off the panic attack.... Thanks guys 

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

all in your head i think im 19 ive had heart problems for years and about 2 years ago i had my first panic attack and ive finally realised you have to NOT think about it you need to focus your mind on somthink else stop yourself worrying otherwise you will constantly think somthink is wrong with you. x
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply callan the panic attacks where triggered throught a traumatic experience so it's not in my head Lool many times I have nothing in. My mind and then the panic attack will jus happen the pains I have in my chest is certainly something not to be ignored I'm not a drama queen I rarely have problems with my health unfortunelty I jus have panic attacks smile x
    • Posted

I wasnt calling you a drama queen haha wink i just genrally thought it would be in your head panac attacks usally are but fair enough if you've had a bad experiance, the best thing to do is get proper help go and see somone about it xx
  • Posted

You need not panic, I have had symptoms very similar nd i was cleared by a cardiologist
    • Posted

My GP put me on a short course of diazapam ( it addictive hense the short term ).

Things he suggested to me was breath in a paper bag ( this  might be difficult if your at work admittable ), sip water help to slow breathing which will reduce tiht chest.

• Posted

1 mur question jimbo did you also get a burning sensation in ur chest and back of sholuder the day after panic attack? smile I'm having this now 
  • Posted

Hi Jade,

Hope you're feeling better now! Yes, this does sound like anxiety (I've had these symptoms). 

Have you sought any treatment/advice from your GP for anxiety? They can provide therapies which are useful. It would also be good to stop smoking (I know everyone says that and it's really difficult!) but smoking can cause problems with your heart and breathing, so it's better to be safe than sorry. 

Feel better soon smile 

Amy

• Posted

I have had chest pains on the left side and spoken to doctors. They have said of it's your heart you will rarely get pain on the left of your chest as your heart is central. What you may be experiencing is something called Precordial Catch. Look it up coz it may make some sense to you.

Hope it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.