Afterwards

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 3 months post op for rectocele repair. Mine was pretty severe and caused so many issues. Since the repair I haven't really gad issues and extremely pleased with the repair. I was just wondering anyone still had a bulge with bowel movements. I would say I have anout 80-90% improvement, but naturally worried about it over time. I don't think anyone is ever 100% better. Just looking to see how much improvement others have seen.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi megan

do you see a bulge at all. I'm glad you are feeling better afterwards as it's a nightmare going for a poo usnt it.

my back wall is a grade 1 but I feel all the symptoms of not being able to go right. I take supps which work fine fir now.

I will get it sorted but I had my tvh and anterior 18 mths ago so want to get over that.

hiw was the pain after the op? dud yiu gave any other repairs done in the past?

dont forget to not lift heavy things and do your pelvic floor exercises.

take care

• Posted

meant yo say take of yourself hunxx

• Posted

generally no. just a very small bulge when having a bm. i don't struggle like i did before and don't feel like i can't empty. my doctor said i'd see significant difference. nothing else done. just extensive repairs of the wall.

• Posted

I think uiu are fine. ut takes months to recover internally. did you have much pain post op with soreness and first bowel movement.

• Posted

pain and soreness yes tons but shockingly my first wasnt painful or terrifying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.