Again with head sensations

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having these weird head sensations for 2 weeks now which I can't quite explain. They are not painful but they are constant and the only time I don't feel them is when I'm asleep. I did a blood test and the results were good. I don't know how to feel about this anymore. Did someone experience the same? Do you have any advice? Thanks in advance for replying.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

do you have anxiety? if so that could be the reason for the head sensations. Many people with anxiety get that including myself. Mine feels more like a mild vibration or a buzzing feeling. Sometimes I will get head pressure. Do you have any other sensations? See if you can decrease your anxiety by calming down your mind . try meditations for anxiety or body scan on you tube. take care

• Posted

Yeah, I do have anxiety. My doctor said the head sensations are caused by anxiety but I'm still worried. I didn't have problems sleeping but last night I barely had any sleep. I don't really have any other sensations, just those weird ones that I can't really explain how they feel. I'm kind of glad that at least it's not painful but still it's frustrating. How long did your head sensations last?

• Edited

well, im a long term anxiety sufferer, 30 plus yrs.so im familiar with the sensations that can come with it. i noticed that when i am anxious or even have underlying anxiety, i can get weird head sensations, pressure, lightheadedness, or rarely, vertigo.

i have had every test known to man, and all normal. so, i know its anxiety. i dont let it worry me because it isnt harmful, i just manage my anxiety by changing my thoughts, exercise, counseling (when needed), avoid caffine, junk food, listen to meditations for anxiety and present moment etc

this doesnt mean you will have this a long time. we are all sifferent. but ways to manage it are similar.

• Posted

Oh I see. Must be tough. I hope mine won't last that long cause even now I'm having a hard time dealing with it. I only did the blood test tho so I'm wondering if I should do a scan or MRI but my doctor said that the blood results would show if there were some abnormalities. I'm also really trying to cope with it but it's hard. One day is great and I find myself thinking that maybe this is coming to an end but then the next day is horrible and it seems like there is no way out. It really sucks.

• Posted

@marta10634 -

I had a post about this a few days ago.. see if that is how you're feeling. If so, I do feel it's just anxiety. As you'll see from my post, I had an MRI in 2018 and had the same feelings then. All normal. I'm experiencing it again now, which is frustrating and I'm constantly reminding myself it's all anxiety - it will do strange things with physical symptoms! I've been doing meditations via YouTube, did a chiro adjustment (I swear my sensations are related to bad posture, neck tension, etc).

Thanks,

Elizabeth

• Posted

@Elizabeth2828

Thank you for replying. I saw your post and it's kind of similar. For me, there isn't really the exact spot where I feel the sensations, it's the whole head. Sometimes I do feel pulsating on the side of my head, near the eyes but it's not painful. It's not painful in general, just constant and annoying. I'm not taking any medicine. I also sleep well. It's just that I want this feeling gone but I guess because I have anxiety it's still present. I didn't have MIR but I did have 2 EEG-s done also in 2018 and it was normal. I don't know if something changed by then and if I should get it now. I also don't have any other symptoms like vomiting or dizziness or anything really. Maybe the cause is also because I'm expecting my period soon. I don't really know. Like I said, the blood results were good but I wonder if I should something else.

• Posted

Sorry, it's supposed to be MRI.

• Posted

Hi @marta10634 -

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. Can I ask how old you are? The reason is if you're in perimenopause that can cause havoc with our hormones and increase anxiety. It could very well still be hormonal, and maybe having your thyroid checked would be a good idea as well? I had my MRI in 2018 but also wondering if I should ask for another one. Similar to you, my pressure is just annoying, not painful but it's constant. Anyway, I hope you find relief soon - this is no fun, especially with holidays coming up and just wanting to enjoy the season. Wishing you the best.

Elizabeth

• Posted

@Elizabeth2828

I'm 19 years old. It could be hormonal. I don't think it's thyroid cause blood results would show something. I don't know, maybe I should ask for MRI but right now it's very hard to get it and since I don't work and don't have money I can't go somewhere private to do it. Also my parents are getting tired of me going to the doctor and talking about my symptoms. They always say it's nothing serious since I don't feel pain or any other symptoms. I honestly think so too but I'm still worried. Thank you really, I wish for anyone who is experiencing anxiety and any kind of symptoms to get better and get over it, including you and me. Hoping for this to be over soon.

• Posted

Hi @marta10634 -

My anxiety spikes around the time of my period, so it could be related? I also feel like you'd have other symptoms besides the one you have. I understand still being worried, despite not having other pain. I have noticed the more I focus on what's bugging me, I notice it 100x more. Anxiety is horrible, and I hope you find relief soon!

Elizabeth

• Posted

@Elizabeth2828

Yeah, I'm thinking it's also related to my period because it's supposed to being in 3 days. Definitely the sensations are stronger when I focus on them. Thank you so much Elizabeth, for your kind words, you really helped me quite a bit. I hope we will go through this soon and start the New Year without anxiety.

• Posted

You're welcome, @marta10634 - I am glad I was helpful. Yes, let's start 2022 with not giving any power to our anxiety 😃 Best wishes to you!

• Posted

Hi,

I would dearly love 2022 to be anxiety free but sadly do not believe this be true. My head pressure was terrible yesterday, an adrenaline rush I experienced through the head nearly knocked me off my feet ! This wasn't helped by a disagreement with a colleague where they insisted they had given me a particular piece of paperwork when I said I didn't have it. I suggested that this was just 'here say' (ie: you say this/I say that but no evidence) but they wouldn't have it !!

Was just pleased to have made the drive home without having a funny turn and disappearing off road into a tree !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.