Age 35, been fighting acne since 28, finally found something that’s works

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been fighting acne for so long. I wondered why I even have acne at my age! It’s not fare, isn’t acne for teens? I tried everything and nothing really works for me. I have finally fell on something that does work for me, my acne is about 90% better. I wash my face with a gentle oil free cleaner morning and night, after I dry my face I mix in the palm of my hand, two drops of organic tea tree oil and fill the little hole in my palm with a little witch hazel. I rub the tea tree oil and whtch hazel mixture all over my Face and chest, as I have acne everywhere. I only put lotion on my eyes, lips and nose since these places seem to dry out bad. I let my face be dry in other places where acne is bad, even if it dries out out i don’t use lotion on it. This is really working for me, hope it have it helps you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey althy have I too have been suffering from Acne since I was a teenager. Thank you for sharing your remedies! I have very oily skin and nothing seems to work! I will be trying your method asap!
    • Posted

Have you tried oil to combat oil? I once had crazy oily skin and I tried it. I started using mixtures of oils like avocado, coconut, Shea butter, almond oil, greapseed oil, and I used a lot. Every time I washed my face I lathered my face with oil. After not long, my face actually became dry! Sadly, this did not get rid of my acne as I believe do my acne was from my oily skin as everyone says it is. My skin has never became oily again. Now I do more of a dry skin method, leaving my skin dry (kinda wish it’d become a little oily again tbh) combating oil with oil works because you’re body sees all the oil on the skin and changes to balance the oils. If you think oil is your problem, you really should try the oil method, add tea tree oil to your oils. I had a lot of success using Shea, avocado, and grape seed oil I mixed together. Make sure the oils are cold pressed, and organic if you can afford it. Wash your skin with very very gentle oil free products made for your face. Do a scrub once a week, or do what I do am doing wash your face daily with a gentle scrub pad, it scrubs a little daily and seems to work great for me. I think scrubbing your face is a must for acne skin, it cleans out the pores. The Teaneck tree oil will get in the pores and kill bacteria and help the damaged skin heal.
  • Posted

your not the only one hubby had bad acne all his life and cysts and he tried everything but its not just the spots its the scars they leave they can be quite deep , but I have noticed since  we,d been drinking nettle tea it seem to be clearing up and the scars seem to have faded ... the problem he has now is dry skin were some of the scars were ,mind you I do feel if you have a lot of stress it  can cause a flare up  they use to say its hormones but I feel its really allergies  and modern life
    • Posted

Poor hubby, it’s bad when they cause deep scars. Lucky, mine just cause little red spots for scars, just makes my skin look very uneven the tone, which sucks too in it’s own way. The tea tree oil is really keeping them at bay. Nettle tea? Why did he start drinking that? Maybe it boosted his immune system?  I haven’t tried that one. The dry skin is easy to combat, tell him to try pure unrefined organic Shea butter. 
  • Posted

funny enough I always had asthma since being a child and the inhalers well you could say wasn't working so I started to look up herbs and I stumbled on nettle  and what it helps , it keeps congestion down if you have colds and flu and strange enough it help keeping your immune system ticking over , so we both started to drink it and found we both actually enjoyed the taste it not bitter ... as you have it what ever strength that takes your fancy ,  but im afraid ive not seen any nettles growing in  my garden and I don't fancy getting stung so I buy the already in little tea bags on amazon , I have notice they sell them at Tesco , so since hubby been drinking it he not prone to getting as many spots and I haven't seen any off the cysts id say for about 12mnth , in fact our youngest has also got acne just like his dad and the lotions you get from the doctor always dries your skin and makes it red so he tends to use it every other day but drinks the nettle tea , one thing though it can make your wee turn green but that's nothing we cant live with  , thanks for advice on shea butter  ill get some for him we,ve tried rosehip oil it quite good but it al little oily

• Posted

THank you for your history, I will defiantly search and try it! I am excited now! Thank you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.