Posted , 8 users are following.

So I am 32 and the youngest case my doctor has seen... I just had a check up and he said I'm starting to have scar tissue form. Is there anyone else here my age and if so have u had any scar tissue start yet I just don't quite understand what it means for me.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm 26 now but was 24 when I believe this all started (though you never know when it really starts as can be non symptomatic for a while). My gyno didn't mention scar tissue, I am hoping I have caught it before that.

• Posted

If you research on this condition it says you can get this from a young age and sometimes with medication it goes completely
  • Posted

I am 34 and was diagnosed a year ago but I believe I had this for years just undiagnosed. I don't recall my doctor mentioning scar tissue. Although I was so upset during my exam with him. I also saw a dermatologist for her input and again do not recall her saying scar tissue. They may have but so much was being said during those appointments. When I first saw my gynecologist I already researched myself and 100% knew I had it. Obviously from reading online and looking at pictures I was terrified so basically cried my whole appointment once he confirmed.

• Posted

I am 32 also, and was diagnosed about 4 years ago. I've had fusing and the scar tissue. Look into the thread "An experiment with Borax" and read through it. This is what I've been doing for about 4 months since finding this site and that thread and it's made a huge difference in my LS. Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi i'm 21 and was diagnosed when i was 19 with LS. I don't have any scar tissue, does your doctor mean the white patches of fusing when he mentions scar tissue?

from what i have been told regular use of steroid ointment should keep this from progressing. There is a post on here called 'an experiment with borax' and many people have tried borax solution and had positive results with reduce in fusing and white patches

Hope this helps

• Posted

I was recently diagnosed with LS. Although I am much older I wanted to tell that I had all the symptoms; itching, biting, burning, tightness and fusing. As another person mentioned, find the forum "an experiment with Borax"! I did and as soon as I started the treatment my symptoms completely disappeared! I am now working to hopefully release the fusing that happened. I have not had to use the Clobetasol since the second day and that was over six weeks ago. There are also good articles on the web about "medical uses for Borax" that I would highly recommend. There is a lot of hope and help on the forums and the net and you were diaeatly which is a Hugh blessings

! Read everything you can ... Blessings

• Posted

I think the important thing Kimberly to know is that you have this condition. Possibly hereditary. Since my mother is so old and can't remember anything I cannot rule out that she did not have it early on. Also I have noticed, that everything she has I got 20 years earlier than she did. From arthritis to the second toe on my left foot. Injuries surgeries and no resolution. Have you been able to talk with your mom about it a lot of people do not know they have it. Like I did not know I had no idea. I was told for years ago that I had it. They told me what to do but they did not tell me what might happen besides it could be pre-cancerous. Now I'm having an extreme case of thickening and a sensation of being cut which is almost unbearable.

• Posted

Hi, I have spoken with my daughters and one of them has the "marker" for LS. Also allergies, asthma and arthritis run in the family so I believe you are correct. I would suggest you check out "an experiment with Borax" on this site as I have had all my symptoms stop because of the Borax! I have quite a bit of fusion so I am continuing the baths and using the saturated solution daily and looking forward to results. There are many positive reports on that forum and a lot of really good information!

• Posted

Hi Kimberly, I just posted also. I'm 28 and started having symptoms earlier last month but this is definitely what I have. Due to all of the itching I did when I was half asleep at night I think I caused some of the scarring, or fusing, as well and I certainly made everything worse in a matter of days. Now I'm using a few natural remedies and hoping this doesn't get any worse.

• Posted

Hi Bec, I encourage you to look at the forum on this site called "an experiment with Borax" .. it was a life saver for me. Lots of really good and encouraging information there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.