Age 58

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI there just wondering, is 58 to old for HRT, as I have been suffering for years, now on to antidepressants, mitazapine plus escitalopram, suffering with slight treamberling, needing wee all the time, anxiety, tablets arn,t helping yetthanks

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you been offered Estriol cream I have just started it because I have terrible burning and pain too with no UTI.  I am told it is a very weak oestrogen cream I wouldn't say it is helping dramatically will persevere for another week of every day then three times a week for two weeks then once a week. This feeling of needing to wee all the time and the pain with it burning and stinging is driving me mad. I am older than you and I would never have agreed too oestregen  cream but now will try it because doctor says it doesn't get into blood stream.  

• Posted

Hi mrs susan. No I started on HRT @ 57, best thing I did. I had the same had to wee all the time. Anxiety really bad Hot sweats etc. I am now 64 & feel so much better. Quality of life is so important.

• Posted

Hi Susan ,I'm to on antidepressants for anxiety and depression ,I'm 58 in a couple of weeks .  I'm feeling so low at the min ,I'm always weeing but that's part of menopause.I  went doctors yesterday and was offered Hrt ,I don't no what to do myself. 

• Posted

Hi,I'm on those antidepressants mitazapine tablets I find they made me sleep once after that don't seem to drift off anymore..do they help you St night.

• Posted

HI I take 7.5mg knocks me out in 30 minutes, then if I wake up say about 6 find it hard to fall back asleep, plus wake up with like music going on in my head,
    • Posted

Hi my doctor put me on 15 mg only thing it boost some mood nothing more I don't know anymore..well at least it's music Lol

I'm looking for something else to make me drift off at least my palpations calm down thank God hope they don't come back heaven knows 

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I’m 57 and been on HRT for 5 years.  Most if my symptoms were nausea

Headache and extremely debilitating bloat.  Since HRT I’m feeling so good. I initially began HRT cause of hot flashes. Then began the other symptoms my menapause doc said weren’t symptoms of menap.  But we decided to up the estrogen and try. And it worked.  I’ve been on antidepressants way before menopause but maybe HRT can help you. I think it’s amazing. Good luck to you and be well!

• Posted

Hi Susan and Sharon,

I’m on estrogen and progesterone cream bioidenticals. 2 pumps I rub on my belly every night. I’ve been taking antidepressants for the past 11 years and still going with HRT.  I feel so great. I also take Trazadon, another type of antidepressant, to help me stay asleep. It is used for insomnia alone. It’s wonderful. It’s not s sleeping pill. Helps relax you enough to stay asleep.  Hope this info helps! 

• Posted

Hi Susan, I’m on Zoloft, Wellbutrin and lamictal. Lamictal is a mood stabilizer.
    • Posted

HI was you percribed these by doctor , or phicatrist, I am on escitalopram, and mitazapine, if they don't work would like to try wellburtin, , are there any side effects to it at all, thank you

• Posted

Hi ! I was prescribed by gyno and Psychiatris t. Wellbutrin was prescribed by gyno. Basically it helps with energy plus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.