Age and TKR

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone know if age is a factor in TKR recovery? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jean, I am 4 weeks post op and I am 45. Before the op I was fit and a healthy weight. This was my 10th op and huge, massive fingers crossed my last one. I am really struggling and like many others was told it was the state of my knee was pretty bad hence the recovery would be hard. I was next to a lovely 84 year old who was amazing... toddling round the ward on her sticks..... bending her leg, lifting it off the bed like it was a feather. The nursing staff reassured me every one is different.
    • Posted

Hi nikki

yes I realise you are right we all recover differently and like you my knee was in a pretty bad state before the op.

but I'm getting there ..slowly... 

Thank you 

jean 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.