Aged 25, blistering around my private area and now non stop bleeding.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Around 5 days ago I had sex with my parter of 9 years. A couple of days later he went to out of hours because he had two lumps on his groin, discharge and bleeding when peeing. The following day I began to have pain in the left side of my groin and by that night I began developing blisters and bleeding. We both went to see our GP the next day, his GP said it looks like he has Chlymidia as he has no blisters, my GP said I had herpes (still to be confirmed).... is this possible for us two have 2 different STIs ? I recently found out he had cheated on me and did not use protection with a few women over the years. He has found a slight spot this morning on him but I can’t tell what it is. I’m in agony, the blisters seem to be reappearing and nothing it’s soothing. I am also heavy bleeding, I finished my period 2 weeks ago there for I don’t think it’s that. Disgusting I know, but I feel that the blood is touching the sores which is causing me the most pain, I can’t bend down or sit properly and I have a 5 year old.... a million questions but please help me ! 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, nev30426

Actually, I'm little sad  when hearing your story. You're maybe in agony and worried. The first thing you need to be done is treating your infection. Your symptoms sound like herpes. You should ask your doctor for treatment options. The doctor may recommend antiviral medications for you. Herpes is commonly healed with this acyclovir, valtrex and famvir drugs. Or you can also apply prosurx, valtrex or acyclovir creams to treat the infection. You'll be more worried and sad when suffering herpes and your partner at the same time. Thus, you need to cure herpes first. Then, make a conversation with your partner gently , ask him what's happening, tell your infection and your feelings. Hope to see your happiness!

• Posted

I’ve been given acyclovir but I don’t feel like it’s helping at all, I’m not able to wear underwear or anything because of the pain so I’ve been in the house for 3 days now. Is it normal to have the bleeding ? I’m so hoping it’s not herpes but deep down I know it is... I just don’t think I can go through this pain again, I’ve missed so much work as well and I’ve had to make up lies as to why I’m not there.. I’m unsure what else to do... I’ve to call the doctors on Friday and get my results and my daughters dad will also get his results but because he had no blisters at the time I presume he won’t have been tested for herpes ? He said he just did a urine test with the GP.. are you able to check for STIs with a urine test ? Xx
    • Posted

A urine test for STIs is so common. It’s normally used to check for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or trichomoniasis. To know what exactly STIs your husband gets, technicians will collect a urine sample; then, they send to a laboratory to be analyzed. At the lab, they use a variety of tests to find out evidence of chlamydia, gonorrhea or other STIs in the urine. Hope everything will be fine. If herpes causes bleeding, you should meet your doctor again and ask him for other treatment. While acyclovir worked for me, it didn’t work for you and my roommate. She used to take it, but it didn’t help her. Then, she changed to prosurx and saw differences. Treatment options also work depending on each individuals. In your situation, you should ask your doctor as soon as possible. Hope to see your good news. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.