Aggressive mood swings

Posted , 3 users are following.

My boyfriend has been on tramadol for about 6 years and is not very good at taking it regularly. It has resulted in severe depression so now he is also on mirtazipine. He experienced such highs and lows in seratonin that he has excessive mood swings between being his usual sweet, compassionate self, to being very verbally abusive to me. During the latter periods he blames me for his depression and accuses me of using him and being unfaithful. While it is happening it feels like he really means what he is saying although he denies it is true when he feels better. Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice you can give us?,

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you don't take tramadol regularly this can happen or if you try going cold turkey I would suggest keeping a diary to see if there is a pattern,hope this helps it's a horrid drug good luck.

• Posted

TRAMADOL is not EVIL... However,  the dosage, the daily mg (milligrams) matters. How much does he take?  I take 25-50 mg per day. Why?  TKR with chronic infection and a worn out hip. More operations. Two or more operations to look forward to. Revision of the infected knee prosthesis and a hip replacement. I can hardly wait. I the meantime I stick to my 25 or 50 mg Tramadol with 500 g paracetamol per day washed down with strong coffee - no sugar! Without Tramadol I would be bedridden, wheelchairbound and depressed. My advice reduce the dose 50 mg per day MAX! Get some exercise, too. Good luck Bangkok-Johnny  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.