Aggressive/ short fuse with Mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone else had a ‘short fuse’ or aggression whilst taking Mirtazapine? 

I am finding that I have no patience and losing my cool more than usual. I am taking 15mg with 150mg venlafaxine ER.

Many thanks 

Chris

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes me was in them 3 months and I had a nasty streak which is not like me at all
    • Posted

That and the eating situation a d I felt groggy and very tired all day
    • Posted

I feel the same but it’s only been 2 weeks. Do you feel better for getingn off them or has it made you worse? 
  • Posted

I’ve dropped from 30 to 15mg but yes made me incredibly irritable the smallest things - someone rustling paper loudly - a door closing a bit too abruptly and I’d explode in a rage - it really isn’t my character at all and it’s been going on too long - I’m making moves to withdraw as comfortably as poss - if that is possible! 

• Posted

My partner has got this as well and becomes unbearable especially as she drinks and has mental health issues. They should definitely do more tests on mirtazipin if u ask me.
  • Posted

I was irritable and developed explosive temper over the smallest occurrences .

Not my usual character at all - so decided to withdraw - I’ve posted about my experience to date - I feel for you it’s awful 

• Posted

Thanks Rob,

I don’t seem as bad on 15mg at the moment but don’t seem to be doing anything other than make me sleepy. 

I take 150mg of venlafaxine too and this has always worked for me in the past but GP is reluctant to increase this 

• Posted

Re sleepiness I was advised by my gp that the lower doses make you “sleepier “ - I went from 15mg to 30mg on his advice - everything just got worse - I was totally devoid of energy and lethargic most of the day - app some say the 45mg dose can stop the tiredness - I wasn’t prepared to there to find out tbh!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.