Agitated depression which medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Its four years now and have tried several meds. Left me on mirtazapine low dose with diazepam and feel now its not working, really horrific nightmares and feel like i dont want to participate in going anywhere or doing anything.  Brain is just addled. There must be a medication out there to help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann, have you tried Venlafaxine? Works for me augmented with quetiapine. Neil 
  • Posted

Sertraline is meant to be quite a gentle antidepressant, and I found in the first week or so of taking my current dose, I had a 'blank' sleep without any dreaming at all, which is quite great because i dont have to wake up thinking about the terrible world i was occupying in my nightmare!

Have you considered getting therapy as well? Ask any doctor or mental health professional, they will tell you that meds in combination with talking treatment is the best treatment you can get xx

• Posted

I tried sertraline and had massive anxiety and nausea, had to stop.  Any other thoughts to get anxiety down?
    • Posted

Hmm, well i dont know personally what a good AD would be to not increase anxiety, but i do know there are still many other ones that you can try out. Ask your doctor for an ad least likely to cause anxiety (one you havent tried yet), but if youve only been on the mirtazapine for less than a month, try and ride it out till then. There are still soooo many options out there, so please stay hopeful 🙂

• Posted

Hi. I also suffer from depression and anxiety. I was on pristiq  for a number of years and it did work but left me feeling nothing. This summer I tried mirtazapine. It was horrible, I had nightmares all night long, I was so restless I couldn’t even keep my legs still. Needless to say I stopped taking them. I am nothing right now. But am able to function. 

I think you should return to your doctor and asked for something different. Maybe try pristiq it did work for me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.