agomelatine Trintellix has anyone had these instead of Sertraline?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone, i've been trying to reduce my sertraline which I'm only coming off because of the weight gain, when I try to talk to

my doctor he just says whats a few pounds against not being anxious but 2.5 stone isn't a few pounds! I've only managed to get down to 60mg daily but the withdrawal symptoms got bad so I've upped to 70mg now.

I have started looking at different medications and I have found 2 that mention no weight gain as side affects these are agomelatine and

Trintellix.

Does anyone have any experience of taking these and can you take them

together whilst lowering sertraline!?

THANK YOU ! x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

if the meds are working for you have you tried calorie counting ? im the same by the way iv put on a stone and half but its cause im starving constantly and eating like a pig lol

• Posted

sertraline worked great for me, my weight gain was overeating- the meds stopped my snack discipline. i just had to work a lot harder on not eating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.