agoney ankle

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks

Broke my leg ,tib and fib ,3 times same place every time ,playing soccer back in the 80s,the pain now is unreal ,hard to walk cant walk on any uneven surface ,the pain is like grinding my ankle bone with a blunt rock.Packed in my job too painful to continue,I seen a doc here and he was useless told me i had wear and tear and live with it ,it has got to the stage i cant function , its bringing me so low ,,any ideas out there got fairly good movement but cant bare weight.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hi hun im so sorry your feeling so bad .

do you have metal plates and screws im your ankle?

did your doctor do x rays ?

i would get a 2 & 3 opinion

God Bless you & heal you

• Edited

I broke my foot 20 yrs ago hospital told me it wasn't broken I tried walk on it for 2 yrs til they said it was broken. last 10 yrs really bad until I asked doc to cut it off he said ankle replacement that was 8 months ago it's still pain so more to do. I would find an orthopedic doctor that can offer to do something for you or get you onto a pain management doctor that can do something for pain.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me folks ,,,ive got an Afib issue so pain management can be tricky ,the waiting list in Ireland to see a bone guy is a joke so ill be on a zimmer before i get to see someone on the HSE ,,,i aint got the money to go private .Thanks anyway people xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.