agony

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi everyone,

just a wee update, didn't sleep a wink last night, had the nurse in and out, all night, pain in my groin! and down my thigh, eventually they gave me morphine !! so todat I saw the pain management team,

I can't seem to type lol everythings gone weird, so I'l be on 2moz

nite nite xxx

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lynne, I had my first left THR at the Jubilee too in January. Despite being scared at 40yrs young (lol) all was brilliant, great process and pain management. Operated on Friday morning and home Sunday am. Getting my right hip done on 21st August and can't wait! Loved the hospital and my surgeon (Mr Ohly) was excellent, despite my femur shattering during surgery due to being very shallow.

Hope you manage to get things under control. Take care xx

• Posted

hi lynn

I remember about 2nd night I wished I hadn't had it done!!!

no sleep and pain. Make sure you get what you need. I was lucky and they brought me hot chocolate about every 2 hours!!

it will get better (might not feel like it,)! but it will 

night night, hope they get you comfortable

best wishes,  Carol 😄 Xx

• Posted

Dear Lynne -

So sorry that you are in pain ... my surgeon told me when he did his bedside visit that the pain will get worse as the painkillers are wearing off ... normal but it sucks big time ... keep asking for pain meds though ... 

i did as well as asking for the bedpan every hour on the hour ... 

tomorrow will be another day ... 

sleep well

warm hug, you did good .... 

• Posted

Oh Lynne, those early days are tough. I remember having to get up and sit in the chair for a couple of hours in the night, I was soooo uncomfortable in the bed. You did well to post in the forum, I was so off my face from drugs I was like the walking dead!! I had the pain team add a medication called pregablin for nerve pain and lots of ice packs at day 2. This helped and I continued the medication until about a week after discharge.

I hope you got some relief, you are in my thoughts xo

• Posted

Same here, 'm completely zoned out on the morphinan'e, they keep coming one after the other,I know they are just doing their jobs but i feels like i being   taken over, sorry cant type atm,
  • Posted

Dear Lynne,

How are you today?

Best wishes

Ella 

• Posted

Hi Ella,

not to bad today but I still have quite bad pain i my new hip when I get up 

but hopefully this will  pass 

Lynne

• Posted

Hi Lynne...I have been there and am on my way....again....seems to be going ahead,eekeek and I will next week ...Be Walking On Water!!!  LOL...cool

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery  Ian +++

• Posted

I also found that aftere that awful time after the op the few days after really did show signs of great improvement.  Its as though you bite the bullet and really show this hip who is boss biggrin  Keep eating, drinking and take the painkillers, take all you can and sleep all you can.  Thinking of you - chin up xxx
  • Posted

I hope you are feeling a bit better today Lynne - not much to recommend pain.  I posted you a very supportive post yesterday but it isn't here - it was removed I think but I don't know why!  Anyway again - keep doing the exercises and keep moving as much as you can.  It is not always going to hurt and it will get better and you just hang on to that.  It is a rotten time straight afterwards isn't it - I am on day 8 and I still have a very vivid memory of it but I feel GREAT now!  It will come - just keep asking for the painkillers.  Night night xxwink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.