Agony after cystoscopy and dilatation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m writing this at 3:30am as I’m in absolutely agony. 

I’m a 21 year old female and on the Wednesday 15th August, I had a cystoscopy and urethral dilatation, since I’ve been getting reoccuring UTIs for the last few years. 

I already have duplex kidneys, and had kidney reflux and bladder reimplantation when I was a year old. 

I went to the GP on Thursday 16th and I was told I have a UTI, so he prescribed me augmentin (625mg). Although, it got to Saturday 18th morning and I was in severe pain, to the point I was throwing up and felt like I was going to pass out. So I went to a&e, they made me feel like I was stupid and prescribed me trimethoprim, even though I’ve had tests and I’m extremely resistant to those - only found this out a few weeks ago. 

Can anyone advise me on what to do? I’m not sure if this horrific pain is normal, I’m on oramorph and even a hot water bottle isn’t getting rid! The only thing the cystoscopy showed was a lot of scar tissue. 

I honestly feel like they look at me stupid when i say anything about my pain sad. I’m debating going to a different hospital where there is an actual urology team. I’m terrified I’m gonna end up in hospital again, I was only in a month ago and ended up with a severe kidney infection, and my inflammation markers were that high I was at risk for sepsis. 

Thanks in advance!! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hanna, is very sad to hear your dealing with such much pain but you are not alone. I'm dealing with so much pain myself now too. I feel this burning sensation in my urethra along with extremely pressure in me rectum area. All I can tell you is write down every symptoms you have and find out what makes them worst or better. Then request test to your urologist that think might help you and work with him. If you don't agree with your urologist find another one that can help you. I know is hard but we are going to get better I have faith we will. I will keep you in my prayers for you to get better. Keep me posted of your progress.

• Posted

Hi Hannah, rather than take a chance, I would go to the ER now, especially if you're at risk for sepsis. If there is another hospital with a better urology team, that would be my first choice.

Jim

• Posted

Decided I’m going to the accident and emergency right now. I’ve wrote all my symptoms down, and I’m going to demand an answer because I’m so fed up now. 
  • Posted

I hope you get some relief from the pain.  Serve pain should not happen and is always a concern.  I agree you should got the a hospital with a urology team on staff and make sure they get a urologist to speak to you. Good Luck
  • Posted

Update: I was seen by a consultant today and he’s told me that my reoccuring infections will most likely not improve, and get worse. As it’s been going on for so long, plus apparently they usually find a cause by now and I’ve had all the tests 😔

• Posted

Hi Hannah, so they haven't found the cause? I'm sorry to hear that. Be strong I know is a hard road. As I'm writing this I have the same issues. Can't even get out of bed without pain and suffer and today I have a urologist appointment that most likely won't solve anything. I will however go to the hospital if the pain gets really bad today. I need a diagnosis with what's wrong me to be able to continue with my life. Hannah just hang in there don't lose hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.