agony agony with heartburn

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have taken omeprazole on and off for years , the past 8 months  or so i have hardly took any , i have been able to eat anything from fry ups to curries BOOM 4 weeks ago i get little heartburn so pop an omop thinking this will go soon nope one at night wake up early more burning and trapped wind pains burping start eating my porridge even worse , i am now on 2 at night 2 in morn doctors advice and ranitidine during the day im eating clean now no grease and i still cant get any peace from it how long does this go on anyone had similar experience ??? helpppppp please    

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary I have been taking opmp for years but sometimes something causes a flair up and it can last for months 😓😓😓

• Posted

I am not a doctor but have barretts. What strikes me is that you took meds on and off. I take one pill daily and this is what I believe makes them effective. What does the doc say? Do you take the meds daily? Have you had an endoscopy?
    • Posted

Hi darren ,  i didnt neeed my omop so i stopped taking them . All of a sudden i get like scratching pains in chest burning took my omop to no avail been taking two morning and night and two ranitidine im still getting this acid and chest pains couple hours after i eat even when i eat veg potatoes nothing spicy chicken breast . Im worried and have letter for upper gi endoscopy. Soon why does the meds not help me now ?? 
  • Posted

I've had heartburn before that lasted for weeks and it was truly agonizing. I can't imagine what 8 months of constant heartburn feels like though...

I haven't had heartburn in a while now because i got rid of it with sodium bicarbonate and i kept eating relatively clean after that and it has worked tremendously. The only time i experienced heartburn again was when i drank a really hot cup of tea in the evening.

I know you said eating clean hasn't helped you, but you should definitely continue with the diet. Just avoid anything that triggers your symptoms and avoid eating late at night. Try not to eat anything after 7 pm, that's what i usually do.

If none of this helps, i hope endoscopy helps you figure the issue out c:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.