Agony in both feet. Swollen bones along both sides near ankle

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am interested to know what I could be suffering from please. X Rays have proved nothing. Most parts of the day (worse at night) I suffer with what I think is the metatarsal bone, near to ankle end and they swell to like another ankle bone. Red in appearance, burning in sensation, throbbing and painful to touch. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

i have another post to post too. Not my year! 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hum may need CT scan to check for tendon or ligament damage. Have you fallen or just wear and tear. What age are you?
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am 57 and wondered more wear and tear with it being both feet. Although I have no real idea.
  • Posted

Now I see bilateral so that would not be tendon or ligament. Are you diabetic? Sounds more like neuropathy? I am guessing. Don't give up, keep researching and find a good physician. I am thinking systemic now. My thoughts are not worth anything except I was an X Ray tech years ago and husband retired Radiologist.

• Posted

its lovely of you to take the time to reply. My Doctor had no idea. The X-rays came back clear and I guess now, it's going to be another appointment in order I pursue an investigation.

no diabetes either only epilepsy! 

• Posted

medication related? Now I along with you, am quite curious. OH there are so many foot issues to have dropped on us. Not fun to be limited in moving around. take care
  • Posted

Hi Kglfsun

Have you seen a good podiatrist or an orthopdic surgeon ? Sometimes second opinions are helpful.

I am post 8 weeks from midfoot fusion surgery now a metatarsal, 2 cuneiforms and a Taylor bunion and I'm still swollen and numb on the top of my foot and although it seems to be healing I can't seem to get rid of the 3 issues.

The doctor said it's normal but I'm beginning to think that it's not.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Helen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.