agoraphobia again

Posted , 3 users are following.

well, i have been on ssri 2 times. each time i get better and doctor gets me off of them and then relapse. now, after being off med for 3 months, i relapsed again and panic attacks hitting me for a month and yesterday was the strongest attack i have in a while which made my agoraphobia triggered again. i have a doctor visit tomorrow and most likely will be put on ssri for the 3rd time but this time if doctor prescribes it to me i will just be on them for a long long long time as i do jot want to lose my job again.

if anyone have been on and off on med many times just give me an advise and what if i just stay on low dose as i understand what is anxiety is but still feel agoraphobic

thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi mandoza are you not on lock down,, my mother suffered with agrophobia for 17 years before her death,, she would have loved this lock down as nobody would have tried to get her to go out

• Posted

very sorry to hear this

well, now just been in the house as am scared to leave the house and i think yeah almost lock in house but dont want to stay like this. some years ago i couldnt leave the house for 6 months and i know i dont want to have this again. that is why i wanted to see the doc tomorrow

• Edited

i have been on an SSRI for a long time at a low dose.

The Doc is happy for me to up it and down it as i feel necessary.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.