Agraphobia because of my symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

am getting palpitations at rest at night constant its scary iv had bloods normal iv had chest scan normal am waiting on 24 hour monitor to when i put oximetre on finger when am having them my heart rate is going from 58 to 68 up and down its not going high or anything and oxygrn level ok iv been getting really bad agraphobia to for past 6 months always want to be with someone as i get dizziness in day time am honestly drained with these systoms i think i get myself in state with them but i have constant dread feeling in my belly doesnt go

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sounds like common sensations or symptoms of generalized anxiety. Your heart rate is perfectly normal.

Palpitations are very common with anxiety. They are not harmful. Millions of people get them every day. I’ve had that happen many times. If all of your testing comes back normal, then you really should work on relaxing your mind. Because the more you worried the more you’re going to get the palpitations and funny feeling in the stomach. They’re all caused by the adrenaline that is flowing because of the anxiety. Try listening to some great relaxing meditations on YouTube for anxiety. You’re going to be OK

• Posted

Bless you how awful I had agoraphobia a few years ago its the most awful thing I've ever suffered hopefully you will get stronger soon bless

• Posted

Lauren,

I have generalized anxiety disorder. I get chronic dizziness which I described as a woozy, slight hangover feeling . like you, there are times when I don't wanna leave the house either when I feel so weird it's a very hard sensation to describe, but it is not lightheadedness. Do you take anything for anxiety?

• Posted

Okay, I've read your complaint. Palpitations of the sort being experienced by you are clinically known as isolated PVCs. They are not associated with any type of heart problem. The use of a 24-hr monitor is a sound clinical decision to determine the total number of PVCs arising within a 24-hr period. Pulse oximeters are fine for home use but realize that the readings can be considerably affected by a number of circumstances. If your fingers are cold from the environment or just after washing them in cold water then you're going to obtain incorrect readings that reflect low oxygen saturation. If you are experiencing frequent PVCs, then your pulse is going to read incorrectly and also indicate low oxygen saturation. So bear these confounds in mind when attempting to measure pulse and oxygen with these devices.

The presence of agoraphobia amidst anxiety regarding health factors would suggest the potential presence of Panic Disorder. Realize that the nature of full-blown panic attacks does not need to be expressed by patients in order for it to be present. Panic Disorder engages the body's fight-or-flight response in instances where perceived threats and subsequent fear is couched within irrational perceptions. Thus, people tend to feel vulnerable outside their safety zone, which is most typically one's home. The safety of trusted companionship is also clue to an otherwise sense of fear that is diminished by such arrangements. The sense of dread or doom, with GI sensations associated with aching or tension are also signs consistent with Panic Disorder.

Please describe your "dizziness" sensations and the reason I ask is because people very commonly hold different definitions of the term and often use it interchangeably with the term lightheadedness. Clinically, dizziness is the sensation that either you feel as though your are spinning or tilting or alternatively that the environment around you is spinning or tilting. Lightheadedness, by contrast, is unsteadiness that is accompanied by diminished vision and dimished hearing that may or may not proceed to a syncopal, or fainting, episode.

You're going to be fine and your tests concerning your cardiovascular system will turn out fine. Work closely with your physician to find solutions that work. Also realize that while antidepressants such as SSRIs are claimed to be effective in persons with Panic Disorder, the research and outcomes actually constitute mixed results and these specific medications carry side-effect profiles that can potentially be as discomforting as the disorder itself in many instances. Low dose beta-blockers such as metoprolol ER can diminish the frequency of the palpitations and also provide a mild anxiolytic effect capable of blunting the onset of panic episodes. These medications work well but it's important to determine whether your blood pressure normally runs low, which would make them a choice that requires very close monitoring and adjustments where necessary to avoid orthostatic hypotension.

Other choices for Panic Disorder would be low-dose, long-acting benzodiazepines. While surrounded by controversy these medications used strictly in a PRN manner, or otherwise in response to panic episodes rather than prophylaxis or maintenance for prevention, they are a perfectly safe option for short-term use of no greater than 12 weeks. Any decisions, however, regarding actual treatment options must unavoidably rest solely with your primary physician.

Best regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.