Ah full blown attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Haven't had an attack in weeks. Now I can barely breath ahhh stupid anxiety!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

On the contrary Tara. You're breathing too much wink
  • Posted

Take a walk...seriously helps.
    • Posted

When I felt like I could hardly breathe I would hold my breath. Sounds crazy, I know. But when you're anxious you tend to gasp for air or sigh or yawn to take in more air than you need, it makes you feel short of breath but it's the complete opposite, you have too much oxygen in your body. If you know you're genuinely having a panic attack then try it. It works .. smile
  • Posted

Ok, I'm serious....don't laugh...

Do 10 jumping jacks....And then drink some water.

Breathe slowly thru your mouth when you are at rest and blow out like you are blowing out a candle.  Do that a few times.

Also, then distract yourself with you-tube funny videos

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.