AHHH FREAKING OUT!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started off with this little itchy dark (im black so it appeared dark) patch on the back of my neck. About 2 months ago. Stupid me decided to scratch it and it grew bigger. It peeled off and than it looked like this. (PIC DOWN BELOW)

I continued to scratch (not obsessively) and it grew larger and than became a whitish color and had some thick skin in the center. The thick skin then came off after I picked at it (I KNOW, GROSS). Meanwhile a felt a small lump right above the rash basically right under my hairline and that was when I started to freak out! A lump (i think that's it?) and a rash???!

I looked it up and I saw all types of craziness which the worst being this thing called mycosis fungoides?! It's basically a type of of cancer! I know I know what youre thinking. She must be crazy. It's a lymphoma type of cancer I think.

But no worries - I will be seeing my doc in a few days.😩

p.s. I DO NOT HAVE A CURRENT PIC OF THE RASH

One word: AHHHHHHH

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

could the lump be a lymph node :o
  • Posted

Hi. I have Hypopigmented Mycosis Fungoides, so what I have is white spots on my skin. If you’re freaking out, I suggest you see a Dermatologist for a biopsy. That’s the only way to know if you have MF.

There is an MF support group on Facebook if you’re interested.

Good luck to you and don’t google it. 

• Posted

It doesn't look too scary to me , but to lessen the itching you can apply pure shea butter

• Posted

Hey everyone! I have pics that are updated. here's a URL!

Warning - looks pretty nasty sad

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.