AHHHHH!!! Just need to vent

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have sinusitis and due to my perimenopause anxiety I of course am thinking I have a brain tumor. I am so tired of going off the deep end (NEVER happened before all of this hormone crap). Does anyone else get like this??? 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Omg yes!  I had a sinus infection back in Dec.  terrible headache and vomiting out of nowhere.  (Ct scan lumbar puncture).  Never had one before in my life.  Just had strep throat last month...nobody else in the house had it...never had that before either!  
  • Posted

Yeah only all the time. I have terrible health anxiety. I have a Dr. appt. Thursday, waiting for the results is torture. it's just a routine physical to get my meds refilled but my mind.....  I just pray for a clean bill of health.

• Posted

Hi Kim, I have sinus and ear pain frequently and yes, I agree, it leads to thoughts of doom. Every headache or dizzy spell is a tumor. Start tracking symptoms in a log and maybe you’ll see a pattern or cycle. That might help ease your mind - confirm that it’s hormonal. Stress plays a huge role. I just came back from vacation where I felt 90% better. I know the stress of work makes these symptoms much worse for me. 
  • Posted

Yes, I seriously think I've suffered every symptom of peri now meno, I started sneezing out of the blue, I'd just sneeze, have running eyes, basically feel like I've gt a cold then a few hrs later I'm fine, gt this every few months, my Dr told me it's all due to the meno, my Dr said, sadley some woman do suffer every symptom of peripausal /menopause and I'm one of them, my grandmother and mum sailed through there's, looks like I plumped for the lot 🤔🤔

• Posted

YES!   Anxiety started for me about 2 years ago.  It got to the point of being almost debilitating.  I had never experienced anything like that before.  I was having digestive issues when it first started.  I was convinced I was dying.  I can remember sitting in a movie theater on my daughters birthday tears rolling down my face thinking of how sad my family would be and how much I was going to miss because I KNEW I was dying.  I never once thought anxiety could be a part of this "wonderful" experience - but it is.  I started meditating every day and that has helped me tremendously.  Hang in there.  Sorry you are having to deal with this as well.

• Posted

I did something similar when all of this started about 3 years ago.  I was on vacay with the family and I sat down at the table with my husband and through tears told him how I was sure I was dying.  I’ve tried meditating.  I must not be doing something right.  
    • Posted

It takes a while to get into the meditation "groove".  I have a bad case of squirrel brain.  smile So there are plenty of days when I am not really into it.  I use an app on my phone called Insight Timer.  It has helped me a lot.

• Posted

Welcome NewfieMom

How old are you?

I looked into the insight timer app, it looks do able!

thanks for sharing, glad you are here for support !

xoxoxo

• Posted

Absolutely.  Still can’t make a connection between hormones and health anxiety.  I have something I need to have checked at the doctor soon and I seriously do not know how I am going to make it through the appointment🙄. I will take something but literally I need a tranquilizer or something.  

• Posted

Me too. I have a routine physical Thursday. Always afraid they'll find something. Will take a Valium before I go. Waiting for test results are torture!😫😖

• Posted

Hi Kim. I'm spending another night on sofa they've been to frequent lately. Anxiety is literally driving me mad. Attacks get so bad when I lie down I can't breathe, and feel like my throat is closing in. I end up on sofa because my poor husband has to get enough sleep before work and I hate disturbing him even though he says it's ok. Will this horrible time ever end. I could cope with everything else but the health anxiety is destroying me.

• Posted

I know sad I just try to take deep breaths and calm down and tell myself it's only my hormones. I also look on Pinterest and watch videos on YouTube just to distract myself, which works about 75% of the time. I wish I was more mentally prepared for all the symptoms that accompanied this.... I just have always heard it was hot flashes and mood swings!

• Posted

Well today it's crossed my mind that I might have colon cancer, uterine cancer, a UTI, gastritis again, back problems, and hemorrhoids. I've also started coughing a little and my throat feels sore, so worried about that being something too. It's just awful. Wish I could get one day where I'm not worried about having something that's going to kill me. I'm also visiting a Lyme endemic area for the summer so worried about getting Lyme Disease again. Every mosquito bite makes me cringe. I worry about bed bugs in hotels. I'm worried that my ring finger knuckle hurts and I can't wear my rings, so I must have rheumatoid arthritis. I worry that my ferritin is way too low. The worry is killing me. How do you change?

• Posted

YES KIM, for me anxiety has been the worse thing so far. I have developed health anxiety as  and worry about every twinge. some of my friends the same age tell me to stop being daft and stop goggling but, it is hard. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.