ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sooo Disappointed my Anxiety has really been Under control for about Two weeks now. As well documented I've been suffering with Back pain Neck pain and pain in my arms I've also had the odd chest pain Which doctors tell me is either costochondritis or Neuropathic pain. Today then my left arm has been feeling really weak and Some pain so of course my Anxiety has mowed me Down again, am i dying, is it my Heart. What makes it worse is i read a leaflet about nerve pain in the Back and the only reason I'd be Having Problems with my arms was if a disk was affecting the nerves in my Neck but my Neck x Ray was fine so once again I'm Back to well it's got to be my Heart my Neck x Ray was Clear.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dont think of worse case scenarious, its just a vicious circle, you can see that its just a circle your creating not an actualy thing, if its helps welcome the worst and see that: 'Try imagining the worst thing that can happen – perhaps it's panicking and having a heart attack. Then try to think yourself into having a heart attack. It's just not possible. The fear will run away the more you chase it.' good luck
  • Posted

What you describe is exactly the way i feel lol. I have the neck, back and arms pain but also have it in the legs also i only seem to feel comfortable when im upright and moving but the the dizziness and all ither things kick in. But the last time i went to physio for the back bain i was told that because of the back spasms they tend to annoy the nerves in the back which then travel throygh arms and legs. Ive even try exercise but tend to make myself worse
    • Posted

What i will say is that i downlaoaded an app to the phone with audio help for when the attavks come on. More times than enough i believe they come on because of the physical symptons i know with time things will get easier but sometimes it is great to read that im not alone in how im feeling and symptoms. But hey onwards and upwards we will beat this.
    • Posted

No William you are certainly not alone and your positivity is great.
  • Posted

hello zoe

im sorry to hear your feeling so rough but i know exactly how you feel and you are not alone. I too suffer with anxiety - 15 years now- and many of the physical pains you experience and more. Mine are chest pain, lower back pain, pelvic pain, heavy and painful periods. I get numbness and pain in the joints of my fingers neuralgia etc etc. I also have suffered with fainting and seizures. Finally after 8 years of hassling i have been diagnosed with functional disorder. This is psychological by cause but body responds with physical pain and aliments . These can all seem like separate illnesses or conditions but are all in fact due to this particular disorder. It sounds like this is what's bothering you and could explain your physical symptoms but clear test results. I was diagnosed by a leading neurologist and he gave me this website neurosymptoms.org it was like the last 8 years of my life being explained. I would seek help with this issue and it may give you the answers you need check out the website if you can!! Take care and remember your not in this alone

Natalie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.