Air bubbles in pee (not foamy from protein)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have noticed the last couple of weeks these air bubbles in my pee, they're not the typical foamy bubbles that appear on the top due to protein in the urine. They are inside the pee and I've noticed them both when peeing in a toilet bowl and in my urine sample pot. Anyone any idea what this could indicate? I don't have any symptoms such a burning sensation or urge to pee often. I read somewhere that air bubbles such as these could mean Pneumaturia, which is when gas gets trapped in the bladder but the main symptom of that is getting a sensation of passing gass through your urethra when peeing, which I'm not experiencing. I'm just confused.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You are worrying far too much. The air bubbles are on the surface of the container. They are being held there by surface tension and are not trapped inside your urine. You have no symptoms, just forget about it.

• Posted

Thank you, I needed to hear that. I do obsess over the littlest things to do with my urine after having dealt with too many UTIs in the past.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.