Air in prefilled saline syringes were injected in my vein help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey... I just left the er and got some blood work done but when the nurse flushed my IV with a prefilled saline syringe, he injected the air also! I told the doc and she said its not enough to hurt me but when leaving my last blood pressure was extremely low and have bad physical anxiety pains... Which make me worry more. Soo.. Is this true what the doc said?? Or should I go to another er??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you should go to another ER cause its always good to get a second opinion when in doubt especially when it comes to your health. I will be praying for you.
  • Posted

Sure doesn't make a person want to trust them. Even if they were busy and in a hurry, proper procedure should always be used. By the way...another factor I'd watch for is their hand washing. If you've been to this ER many times and this is the first time something like this has happened, I 'd consider another try. But, not let that nurse ever touch you again. Otherwise I'd go somewhere else!

• Posted

Hi Sue! Yes thank you for your reply. I went to another er and got no where. The doc actually laughed at me and said it takes WAY more air to hurt me and that I just need to relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.