Air pocket feel-like bump on lower abdomen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Four years ago, I was eating oatmeal and finished with water. As soon as I finished the water, it felt like a rock in my stomach, and ever since, my digestion has never been the same. I feel pain in my upper abdomen and lower abdomen and bloated almost daily, and there is what looks like an air pocket/bump on my lower abdomen. I have had x-rays/CT Scan/MRI/Endoscopy/Blood work, but they can't find anything. I don't know where else to go and I hate how I feel. I feel like it's something physically out of place since I know the moment it happened. Would appreciate any suggestions on where to go or treatments to try.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would keep going back to your doctor until you get a diagnosis.That's what I did when I had abdominal pain and nothing showed up and no one could help. Has your doctor made any suggestion at all as to what it could be and has any treatment been suggested? Maybe try a food diary to see if any other foods are upsetting your stomach. Your problem could be any number of things. Have you tried anti gas medication to see if part of the problem could be trapped gas?

• Posted

I've tried a bunch of different diets including a juice cleanse and nothing has helped. There was thought to it maybe being a hernia but after multiple tests and ultrasounds they weren't able to find anything. I tried probiotics but those don't seem to be effective for bloating. I haven't tried any anti gas meds, but maybe I should? The only time I've felt normal through all of this was when I was taking laxatives lol

• Posted

Have you tried cutting out gluten from your diet? You may have non celiac gluten intolerance, hence the reaction you had to the oatmeal. Try avoiding gassy drinks and vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, and Brussels Sprouts. You mention laxatives making you feel normal, maybe you are constipated too which can also cause bloating. Keep up with the juice cleanse and eat fruit as well.If you have been very constipated, it can take time for your bowel to get back to normal.

• Posted

Have you tried IBS medication? Alverine is really good for bloating

• Posted

I have not, but maybe I should look into that I guess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.