Aircast boot and post op fractured ankle

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, fractured my ankle on 6th sept, got surgery done on 7th. I am in my third week post op. I was given Aircast boot to wear post surgery. It is uncomfortable but keeps me secure, but in night my ankles hurt, flashes of pain plus when I put my foot on bed with boot my heel doesn’t touch the surface of the boot, is it like this with everyone or am I doing something wrong.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did your doc I dictate that you have to wear it while resting?  Are you permitted to loosen in up at night... I don't wear my boot while sleeping, but I am able do feel my heel touching, so can't help you there. Maybe check with your doctor...

• Posted

Yes My Doc wants me to wear it , he did it’s better. So your touches the base even when you are bed.... mine doesn’t I have to make effort to settle it while on bed 
  • Posted

I was in a cast for 1 week then put,in an air cast. That was much better. I did not wear the air cast at night, instead immobilized it with an ace bandage. Went in for my recheck and he said everything looked good. Good luck!
    • Posted

Hey that’s a good way of protecting foot. Thanks a lot. 
  • Posted

I wore my boot to bed. I laid on my side and put my leg on top of two pillows. My boot irritated the inside of my ankle where the incision was so I padded it with one of the square pads that came with my boot.
    • Posted

I didn’t get any of those pads with my boot got 2 socks and that’s exactly how my feet hurt. I am thinking what should I put in. 
    • Posted

I didn’t get the socks. My boot was a Breg. Maybe you could order some pads.
    • Posted

I got Aircast Boot. Yea searching for pads online.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.