Aircast boot painful at inner ankle ?can I cut a segment out at home?

Posted , 1 user is following.

My wife has had a total ankle replacement for Rh A in August last year so 5 months ago. The replacement has failed and she is awaiting further surgery to revise with a inbone stem.She is still wearing the aircast boot which is small because she is short but her legs are slightly swollen.She has a small wound on side of ankle which is painful possibly not helped by the pressure of the plastic boot.

Question Before I take an hacksaw and drill to cut a slight hole does anyone have any experience of this issue?I have been padding it out but I have suggested that the more we pad it the more counter pressure we get from the boot so cutting a section out I think may help relieve the stress.Most of the boot will be intact but we also have a second boot!(one on one in the wash)The major problem is that we are in this situation at least until more surgery is done which may be soon but who knows.She cant stand for long without it and cant get in the bath or shower(we are in the process of having a shower cubicle installed) Getting very low! Help?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.