Aircast boot too hot

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone trimmed down the liner in the boot so it’s not so hot?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's worth a try as it is miserable at times. There are small,packets of cool packets place in freezer that I put in my boot which helped with the heat issue and keep the swelling down. Or make your own with small sandwich zip lock baggies easier to get the right size. 

• Posted

It's prett uncomfortable now. Not to mention the al the other issues just getting thru the day? I hope that you receive all you need to sustain you thru this healing journey.

i'll even throw in a chocolate bar.🍫

• Posted

I would think it would offer less support if you did that. Can you just take it off occasionally while resting?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.