Akathisia anyone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys,

just quick one has anyone suffered much with Akathisia much when reinstaing there mediction?

seem to be having recently while on citloram 0.5mg

anyone know of it goes away?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey, since going on to medication for anxiety I have now got a shaking leg. Which I cant control. Hoping it will go once the meds have kicked in. I think side effects can last a while tho. I have had some of mine for last 3 months. X

• Posted

ive had it on and off for 2 years.

• Posted

how long does it last with you? is it at a dose change? thanks

• Posted

i have waves and windows as im withdrawing so its worse in a wave, not really a pattern to be honest!

• Posted

meant 5mg sorry

• Posted

Hi Mic, i have had akathisia for years. it should go away the less you take or when you stop the medication but the reason im replying is just to let you know that as you probably are aware the side effect tablets they give you such as tryhexiphenidyl, propranalol andprocycladine ect may not always work forever. If they dont then a good thing to try is magnesium spray (i spray 4 sprays on each leg and 4 or 5 on my tummy. i used it 3 times a day for 3 months and then it stopped working. i now alternate it with the side effect drugs which it works better than plus is actually good for you. i found it on amazon while i was reading the reviews. it was full of sports people that used it for injuries. i wasnt expecting much because id tried vitamins that were supposed to work but didnt even last a week - vitamin e, b6 and c (you may have more luck) good luck and hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.