Alarmingly high CRP level - am I right.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a letter to go back to my GP to discuss results following blood tests last week. He's now away and I won't see him until 29th.

I tried to analyse the results myself and one that sticks right out is my C reactive protein level - it's 12.2mg! From what I have read, this is dangerously high.

Am I right? I know it can indicate auto immune issues (I was diagnosed with M.E in 2006) and arthritis, which I'm pretty sure I have and why we had ordered the tests in the first place.

Is it high or am I reading this wrong? Thank you smile

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It is high. What are you symptoms.... redness and warmth/fever, rash, etc  

What is M.E. ? 

• Posted

Hi smile M.E is myalgic encephalomyelitis, also known as chronic fatigue syndrome. It is an auto immune disorder.

So many many symptoms. But recently I've struggled with join pains, what feels like actual bone pain, very hard to walk in the morning, extreme fatigue, high temp, a couple of random nose bleeds, headaches.

• Posted

What's the reference values? 12.2 mg/dL is very high, which indicates probably bacterial infections. 12.2 mg/L is also high, but it indicates mostly viral infections, auto immune issues etc. as far as i read. CRP came out 11.6 mg/L in my blood test also. My GP thought it was flu besides  don't have any other symptoms. I'm gonna take another test week later. Did you take any other test or could you reach a diagnosis? Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.