Alcohol.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My gp thinks i have acid reflux and i am waiting for an endoscopy. I had a drink on saturday and i was up all night feeling sick and being sick. I have a constant pain in my upper right of my back. Is it typical of acid reflux to be ill with alcohol?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

Sorry to hear that you are also having constant pain as that of me.

For me,it happed in the same way.almost a year ago,I had drink whole night with friends and I have a constant pain in my upper right of my back.particularly when stomach is empty and while sleeping in bed.I have had endoscopy, blood test etc etc. .. Endoscopy showed its mild gastritis. I was on medication for 4-5 months but nothing happed on my way..still having same pain..please let me know if you find any help..

Thanks

• Posted

Check out 'fatty liver' ; the liver can be affected fairly easily..

whichi in turn can turn gallbladers into raging furnace that destroy the bowel.. so ; try and do a liver de-tox and start eating anti-oxidants as a 'must do'.. liver tonics may work as well.

• Posted

I have had all my bloods done which were all fine. 
    • Posted

Hi dianne; i understand;

Blood tests. During routine blood tests, elevations in certain liver enzymes [u]may [/u]show up. These might include alanine aminotransferase (ALT) or aspartate aminotransferase (AST).Imaging studies. A fatty liver [u]may [/u]also show up on imaging tests, such as an abdominal ultrasound. ..Liver biopsy. The only way to confirm a diagnosis of fatty liver disease is with a liver biopsy.[u] This is usually done once other causes have been ruled out[/u]. After application of local anesthesia, the doctor inserts a needle through the skin to remove a tiny piece of liver. This is then examined under a microscope for signs of fat, inflammation, and damaged liver cells. If inflammation or damage is not present, the diagnosis is simply a fatty liver

• Posted

My LFT's were fine. I know i have a gallstone but my gp just says it's not my gallbladder.
  • Posted

hi Dianne ; if it is perhaps stones; apple juice softens these.. you may want to look up removing stones  naturally.. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.