Alcohol!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am hearing and reading mixed views on this. Everytime i have alcohol i am up all night and the next day bringing bile up (about 8 times last time). I had an ultrasound on saturday and she checked my liver etc and i have a 2cm gallstone. My right shoulder/collarbone/back is constantly sore and aching and when i laugh/cough etc it hurts in the front where my gallbladder is. I have been getting right side headaches. I don't have attacks with food just constant discomfort. I feel shattered too.How can a tiny organ cause so much discomfort in other parts of your body?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am ok with most alchohol but red wine but quite a lot of food causes me problems. I have the aching pain in the shoulder/collarbone but it's always on the right. My gallstone is just under 1" and go back in May to say if I want my gallbladder out or not.

I have a lot of migraines that last days at a time. Are you having yours out as I can't decide what's for the best. After reading so many problems on here after having it out it is putting me off.

• Posted

I meant to say left shoulder not right. I hardly have any on my right just the ocassional twinge but my left side aches. I am trying to find out what triggers it and avoid it. I have also switched to a low fat diet but not completely cutting out fat as I have read that can cause them to grow bigger.
  • Posted

Stop the alcohol! It will burn you up! Evidently, you need your gallbladder out to eliminate your stone or stones. Have you ever had appendicitis? That little sucker can tear you up! Have you discussed surgery?
    • Posted

No never had appendicitis. I had an abdominal ultrasound last saturday, would that not have been checked? I know she checked my liver.
  • Posted

I also have a gallstone and am waiting to have my gallbladder removed. My pain seems to be on my right side. Having talked to several people who have had gallstones my pain seems to be lower than theirs was. When I mentioned that to my GP he said you can get pain from gallstones in different places.

Alcohol does not seem to affect me though I don't drink that much of it.

What affects me is fatty food.

If you have a gallstone I think the best thing is to have your gallbladder removed. I have talked to several people who have had this operation and they all say how much better they feel afterwards.

Hope this settles down for you.

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

yes, having that gb out will help your pain! You may have more diarrhea afterwards but, not that awful pain. Good luck to you!! Let us know how you came through!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.