Alcohol

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been drinking while taking these and feeling really bad about it because I know you're not meant to. Anyone else doing the same?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have and it did not make me feel good. It can make you feel much more depressed so best avoided or n low amounts only. Take Care

x6t

• Posted

Hi

I havent changed my drinking habits and have found no bad side effects - it doesnt make me feel more depressed and I am determined not to let this depression affect my social life !!! I do find that I have 'gone off' certain drinks like beer and much prefer a few glasses of wine, also because my appetite has stabilised I make sure I eat enough if having a drink which I never did before so that can only be a good thing I guess :lol:

Hx

• Posted

I too havent changed me drinking habits, been on tablets 20 mg for just over 3 weeks, still drinking approx 3 pints a day, at 1st felt very low in the morning but ok now, have a night out soon and very wary of drinking much more as i worry how low i will be the following day, has anyone got any experience of this, also has anyone found that whilst on tablets drink affects you alot quicker
  • Posted

I am on 20mg and I still enjoy a few drinks at the weekend and very occasionally midweek when the footballs on. You still need to have a social life to beat depression. I feel the tablets help regulate your drink intake and you don't go nuts on the booze :P John
  • Posted

Done it once. it's a no go. Don't so it if you want to get better, which i take it you do. X
  • Posted

I've been told by my shrink that the Citalopram is flushed from your body so it is a no-no. But I get so low that now and again - and living on incapacity benefit doesn't help, I have to have a drink just to feel normal. sad
  • Posted

I was on Citalopram and never really had any problems drinkin (and such other things) while on it. However i am now on Sertraline and found that drinking makes my mental state worse.Xx
  • Posted

I have been told not to drink on these tablets but have done and found out by myself that its a real no no

I take 40 mg per day of citalopram and when i drink become very down very quickly i keep crying and am a real mess. I took a massive overdose of a cocktail of drugs after drinking alcohol on citalopram as i felt really brave enough to do this after many years of contemplation. So beware of drinking until you know how the booze attects you when mixed with citalopram i very nearly died !

• Posted

I can't even face having a drink so missing out on those weekend glasses of wine as well as feeling miserable. would just like to be able to join in again. Have been on med for 6 weeks2dgyz
  • Posted

i've been on citalopram since dec 20mg, for anxiety, paranoia and alcoholism. docs put me up to 30mg and am having one to one therapy for the drink..i drink a bottle of wine a night and have had a couple of episodes of feeling a bit pshyco, but other than that the only problem with drinking on this med is the fact of preventing it from working properly as i'm not really feeling much of a benefit yet, but then i'm still drinking.
  • Posted

Me too. I need to drink down a bottle of wine to feel happier about things. It takes everything , all my problems away!!! I can eat and sometimes it helps me to sleep. I have been on citalopram since July, now I think it might be starting to work. I can only eat the odd biscuit throughout the day, if I dont have my wine I dont get my appetite back, so I dont eat and blah blah blah!!!!

A bottle of wine is easy to drink!!! Also , it hellps me to come out my shell and say the things that I should be able to say as a normal person etc. It builds up my confidence. Then the next day, i am shattered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.