Alcohol

Posted , 5 users are following.

OMG after my bladder totally settling down after going on HRT and a bladder med I had a few glasses of wine on Saturday for my birthday!!  First drink for weeks and weeks...bladder now upset again.  Nothing like it was but upset none the less.  Why did I do that!!!!! I hope it settles again...anxiety is raging!!!!

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Oooooh doesn't sound pleasant

I've found I'm using the bathroom a bit more since starting on HRT I also feel I'm carrying a huge burden around in my head just wish I cud snap out of this awful pulling down feeling it's awful I've lost me since dec and some miserable woman has moved into my body full of aches n pains n fatigue

• Posted

My bladder before HRt was terrible....apin and leaking and needing all the time.  Hrt settled it right down alongside the bladdermeds.  It is a very common symptom for women.  Your symptoms don't sound nice.  Have you been onHRT long because it has also lessed my aches and pains.  Guess I won't be able to drink again but I don't really careas along as I am well.....it has actually settled over the last couple of hours so here's to hoping it is gone tomorrow.  I hope you feel better soon and yes it does feel like someone else invades your body...some older, ill, stranger!!!
  • Posted

oh margaret 

which HRT did you start ..

i have great results with the Ovestin Vaginal Ovules ( estriol ) and premeno duo ovules.. for dryness and bladder sensitivity and a mild uterine prolapse annoyance 

i cant take oral HRT or patch..

just a little Estriol for the below nuisances, and being post menopause ..

thats all it treats, doesnt treat all the other symptoms 

hope you feel better soon

jay x

• Posted

Hi I have started Elleste Duo Conti......been some side effects but they are now easing.  This has sorted my jonits and bladder...well until a had a few glasses of wine.  It is settling though thank goodness.  I will not do that again.  I did try the ovules as well but it did not work and I just could no longer cope. Thank goodness for HRT.  thank you for your reply.XX
    • Posted

hi margaret 

glad your feeling abit better ...

maybe just have one glass next time hehehehehe

jay x

• Posted

Ha, ha don't think I will even chance one again....my emotional health can't take it!!!!!X
  • Posted

I have a lot of bladder problems myself leaking and urinating a lot I have to wear protective underwear at times that is how bad it is at times. I can't be on HRT becsause of the other medications I am on like my zoloft my ativan, my levothyroxine, and my blood pressure pill, HRT will cause me a lot of anxieties that I do not need 

that and a lot of hormone difficulty 

• Posted

Oh bladder issues are horrible.  There is medication other than HRT for this issue. Has your Doctor said anything about this?
    • Posted

my ovestin ovules are HRT ( estrogen) Estriol .. ( ovestinon Vaginal Ovules here ) 

scared me when i started them, but cant be without them, Gyno said they would help no end, and they do..  they are not readily available in some countries but here in Spain and most of Europe they are  ( Uk dont think so ) 

they are so soothing, not messy, ... couldnt be without them, like you Margaret, there comes a time when you cant stand it any longer.. ' quality of life ' 

Premeno Duo Ovules are non hormonal so may not work for that alone like you say margaret, i use both 😄

jay x

• Posted

Yes I was on one and it caused me to become dehidratred to where I ended up in the hospital I forgot what it was called it was for overactive bladder 

Never go on that again. 

I don't drink either. You should never drink when you are on HRT it can mess things up good don't smoke while you are on HRT either

• Posted

Hi Susan after your reply I researched alcohol and HRT and my goodness you are right.  Danish study over 20 years indicates that women who drink 2 drinks per day 2 x more likely to get breast cancer and more than 2 drinks 5 TIMES!!!!!  Something to do with the way the Oestrogen works!!!!  Never mind my bladder that is enough for me...never drinking again! 
  • Posted

Hi margaret its a known fact that wine can irritate the bladder as can coffee and chocolate.  just flush out with plenty of water.

Sue x

• Posted

Yes Susan I have given up all of them but just I could treat myself but cleary I can't.  It is fine cuz don't really miss any of it that much and it is actually settling a bit now.  Just bringing back the memories of all the past suffering and I don'twant to go there again.  Thank you for your reply.XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.