alcohol

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had an alcohol problem for years. I've had a gp controood year and a half being able to " keep  control"  Now I find myself way OUT of control.  Has anyone got any advice on how to deal with this ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Been there so many times and it's horrendous. Now 4 weeks no alcohol and life is so much better. Longest I've gone is 4 months then a 2 day relapse. But I keep trying. There's so much good advice and support on this site. Paul I hope will give you some sound advice. Anyway you can do this so keep trying..
    • Posted

Hi thank you for getting back to me.  I do keep trying and i'm so disappointed in myself ( not good I know ) but I am trying

Susan

• Posted

keep trying and never mind about relapses. I never did and 2 1/2 yrs no booze but most people do relapse I believe and as long as you keep going on that road...ur self esteem will go up...  all the best  smile
  • Posted

I'm an alcoholic. Seems it's all I'll ever be. I haven't the energy to try to break the cycle. My body is broken and tired. My herat is broken, since my son died. I'm going to end my days as a broken, lonely old woman. May as well drink myself to death. 
    • Posted

Hi. Don't give up. I've nearly died from alcohol on several occasions, ended up in hospital for 6 weeks once coz of it. You need support from other alcoholics. Like on this forum. Not sure why no one else has posted you.? Or AA, Smart recovery groups or local nhs groups. You can't do it on your own. I couldn't. Do you have no one else helping you?
    • Posted

life seems hard to you and I fully understand why you carry on drinking..perhaps your son is thinking of you?? Wondering?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.