alcohol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm sure this is in a past thread, but I have had to give up any glass of wine ever!  I tried again to have one glass of Chardonnay at dinner the other night and I was up writhing through the night - and no meds helped.  Anyone else have this experience?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Having given up most pleasures, I still have a can of beer or glass of wine when I don't have a migraine. The only thing I can take now is Tramadol and I am currently able to take a small amount of alcohol and have little RLS at night. I usually get up for 15mins after symptoms and can then return to bed. Unfortunately I don't sleep much due to the Tramadol.

Cutting out the alcohol doesn't change the situation.

Good luck

John

• Posted

I don' t drink but still suffer with RLS. Can't really tie it down to any cause except being tired. Ropinirole helps at night but cannot rest during the day.
  • Posted

A glass of wine or beer used to upset me for a long time 24 to 48 hours.

Since I've been on the FODMAP diet I can take a bit of alcohol with either no effect or with just a short term effect like a couple of hours which can be relieved by walking,

I thought I remembered that alcohol was forbidden while I was on drugs for RLS.   Is that right?

• Posted

Thanks for your answers - every person is different, that's for sure.  It's not a walk in the same park for all of us!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.