Skip to content

Restless Legs Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Things I have tried and how they went.

I suggest a discussion where we limit ourselves to as brief as possible statement of "I did this and the result was...."   the reader can then look up other discussions a sort of brief index or summary.   It might be good if the forum administrator can pin it to the top...

Last reply
  • Physician heal thyself

I suggested some little while ago that a week of complete abstinence of food other than the most basic to see if your conditions improved, no one as I can see from the posting have tried, they would rather take drugs that have no real track record for their condition from doctors who admit they have...

Last reply
  • Possible reason for R.L.S

We are led to believe that the reason for R.L.S is a medical condition, but my experience through being a Coeliac sufferer leads me to a different outlook. It took nearly 2 years to diagnose it back in the day, now it is quicker. I was on the right track for self diagnoses but never quite made it, Why...

Last reply
  • Where can I donate slightly used compression stockings?

I have several pair of compression stockings that have been worn very little that I would like to donate to anyone who has a need for them. They are all 15-20 mmHg. Some are black and some are beige. If anyone would like them or can tell me where to donate them, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Posted
  • Is this RLS?

I have been having tingling in my legs for the last 6 weeks.  It never stops.  It's slight enough that I can't feel it when I'm moving but if I'm still, regardless of whether I'm sitting, standing or laying, I feel it.  It never stops, day or night.  I might get...

Last reply
  • RLS? Or worse?? Help

Hey guys!  Today is day two of pain in my calf. Today the pain became unbearable around 2pm! I went to the hospital obviously very concerned I had a clot! Now they took blood from me, blood pressure, temperate, measured my calves, had a look for discolouration etc. However the doctor said she was...

Last reply
  • Suffered from RLS for 8 years now

Pramipexol has been my salvation for the last 8 years. Luckly I seem to have a mild case and I don't usually feel the symptoms during the day, except sometimes on weekends when I'm chilling at home. But I've had to increase the dosage three times during these years. Apparently I may have...

Last reply
  • Restless legs

Have had restless leg for 45 years at least. Had tried everything over counter plus perscriptions last 15 yrs have been on Requip. Than last year I was up to 2 a day. Sometimes it would make the systems start instead of keeping them aray. Finally, decided to talk to my Dr. about what was happening. He...

Last reply
  • RLS nightmare

Hello all, I have had RLS for a few years now and it drives me mad. My gp won't do anything even though feeling sorry for me! Just lately it has got worse and is now in the arms too! Any advice would be grateful 

Last reply
  • Something That Works

I had RSS and was nearly at a point of doing something stupid, I saw 11 doctors and none could fix the problem then I thought about trying 2 medications at the same time and it worked. I now take once daily: Sifrol 125 mg Lyrica 75 mg. I now never have the problem.

Last reply
  • Could I have restless leg syndrome?

I'm a 20 year old female. I have been experiencing a dull ache in groin it's not always there just sometimes. Also my thighs feel like they have sun burn/prickly heat and they feel extra senative to light touch. I have been extremely stressed/anxious (recently gone through a breakup also struggle...

Last reply
  • Rls for about 10 years now

My brother use to come over and visit and his leg was always jerking, kept telling him to quit and he always said he couldnt. Found out he had Rls and now that I too have it I know what he meant. I startd out with Ropinrole and still on it but I am up to 10 mg a night and thinkig that pretty soon that...

Last reply
  • THIS WORKS!!..and without meds

I tried a lot of things, but this is the best!  Make a beanbag approximately 15" x 8".  I've made mine out of flannel, with a removable washable cover out of fleece.  Fill with wheat berries, I used winter red hard wheat berries. You can find them at some natural food stores...

Posted
  • Nearly had enough of this RLS

Hi all I have been suffering night and day with RLS and have tried allsorts so i can try and get a night sleep and now i have turned to drink just to give myself some sleep instead of staying a awake all night. I recently seen my gp who is trying to help me but now i have 2 problems instead of one problem...

Last reply
  • Worried over my restless legs

So sorry I developed restless legs around 4 years ago from having antidepressants as I suffered a divorce then domestic violence from a ex partner I still have them even from not taking antidepressants when I worried and my aniaxty kicks in they get worse I have tried everything I am so worried it's...

Last reply
  • Restless Leg Syndrome

Hi I am a suffering from Restless Leg Syndrome for years used to be just nights now it is also happening during the day.  I am looking for anything, but medication by doctors to control it.  Can anyone help me?

Last reply
  • Very young with RLS. HELP!!

I've been battling this for two years now, and I've been on medication for a little over a year. I started taking only Mirapex at first, but found that raising the dosage made me extremely sick. My doctor now has me on a small dose of Mirapex as well as Klonopin at night. Being so young, I'm...

Last reply
  • I am 55 and have had RLS for at least 20 years. As is p...

I am 55 and have had RLS for at least 20 years. As is predicted, it has got worse with age to the extent that I am now awake till about 4a.m. Then typically the symptoms wear off and I can usually sleep till about 8a.m. I may then go back to bed later now I am not at work. I've tried various...

Last reply
  • The dreaded restless legs syndrome

So guys you will see me pop up all over these forums as I have so many different health issues, however, the Restless Legs is enough to drive a person crazy.  I have had this since I was a child (I am now 58).  In the last 18 months it has gone beserk.  I currently work full time and the...

Last reply
  • Tired and achy legs at night

I am 28 years old and I have had this problem as long as I remember. The lower part of my legs (calves to ankle) feels tired and achy all the time but i feel it more at night. Compressing them helps a lot. Very hard compression or making someone stand on my legs feels really good. The pleasure i get...

Last reply
  • Help I am losing my mind!

This is my third night in a row that I can't even go to bed my legs are driving me crazy! It's so difficult trying to explain to people the complexities of RLS.  No one understands. My husband says just come to bed and you can just lie down and maybe you will drift off to sleep. If only...

Last reply
  • Restless leg syndrome tips

When I was pregnant I suffered with RLS every night which is horrible as its when you're most tired and really need to relax.  I found the iron supplements floradix or spatone helped over time but for fast relief soaking my feet in a bowl of really hot water helped a lot , I mean as hot as you...

Last reply
  • Current medicine not working

I am 77 and have had restless legs since in my early 20's.  Managed to go without prescription medicine, using alternative methods, until about 1 year ago.  I am currently taking Ropinirole, 0.25 mg, 3 times a day.  I suffer my symptoms mostly at night.  This regimen is no longer...

Last reply
  • At witts end

I really don’t know what more to do. I have attempted to follow all suggestions to little or no help. I am HIV+ and do know that studies show approx. 33% of poz patents become RLS. I don’t know whether this is based simply on the infection or rather an end result of the meds involved. If it was a side...

Last reply
  • Medicine Not Working

I have been on Ropinirole 0.5 mg for about 2 years.  I've never thought it to be very effective and lately it doesn't seem to be helping at all. I can normally get through my day without taking them and then take two before bed.  Most nights I have to fight to sleep.   I...

Last reply
  • RLS and PLMD, just started Gabapentin but not working

2 years ago,the odd period of uncomfortable legs of the previous 30 yrs (I'm now in my late 50s) morphed into RLS most evenings. It's irritating but bearable.  My main issue is tiredness from poor sleep; after a CPAP/EPAP machine corrected my apnoea (mostly central apnoea where my brain...

Last reply
  • Rls relief what works best ??

Hey all I have severe Rls for over 15 years been working with my doctor and neurologist to come up with diff types of medications and to be honest I think I’ve tried everything it doesn’t go away albeit  I do have good results when starting a new med but wears of in time, I’ve hade mirapex ropinorole...

Last reply
  • Daylight and RLS

Hi. I’m new to this forum. I'm 78 years old, a cardiopath, and also suffer from diabetes and high blood pressure. I take a lot of medicines, and also suffer the restless legs syndrome (RLS) that affects my sleep too much. Some nights, I can't sleep at all. As a retired fellow, I enjoy sleeping...

Last reply
  • RLS - what else can I do that I have not tried?

I have had RLS for many years and was told after an inpatient sleep study that I have an average of 17 evens per hour. I also have complex sleep apnoea that is successfully treated (apparently) using a BiPAP machine. The medications I have been given for  RLS by the hospital...

Last reply
  • restless legs

​i've had restless leg,s along time i cant sleep as soon as i lie down i just have to get up my life is a misery and i mean that i take 4 sifrol and a codeine tablet does anyone who has the same thing know  anything better  i've been under the Hospital but they cant do...

Last reply
  • I have RLS please help

Hi I have restlesss legs for years  I’ve tried so many things noting is happening I’m also getting that feeling in my hand please can anyone help I’m going mad

Last reply
  • RLS in children - advice please ?

Hi all...I have just been informed by my daughter (who also suffers with RLS periodically) that my 4 years old grand-daughter is exhibiting signs of RLS - she is also speaking in her own way of the exact things we all speak of with this horrendous ailment - as a sufferer of RLS myself (I shall give an...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.