RLS

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have the burning feet mostly the right foot.After scans and an examination  the neurologist decided I have RLS.I,m taking pramipexole which to be honest doesn,t do much for me.Ropinirole was ruled out as I take other drugs that they would react with.

The strange thing for me is that standing no symptoms whatsoever as soon as I sit or lie down the burning starts immediately.

My GP is basically at a loss,can any out there help.

thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What scans have you had.  If you have read my posts I have been through everything as the mri showed inflammation in my neck and back but not a lot so that they tell me maybe ms.  Loads more tests but inconclusive.  I take prefabs long but they do  not have any effect so trying to get off them.  Have zimovane to help me sleep. The burning is my legs from foot to past my knees but the left I'd the worst.  I try leg exercise which help a bit.  The burning I'd when I rest and worst in  bed 

I am not got a clue about the cause keys hope some one can help us.  Good luck  

• Posted

Hi David

Have you tried a body and emotion code practitioner.They are very good at finding the problem.

Some people have gone here and then back to the doctors so they can prescribe the correct meds.

In the mean while you can also massage that part of the foot that is burning as well as look up to which area in the body it refers to

Look on a reflexology chart.

I use to get this burning sensation in my foot around 2am and then massaged it till it went away.It was when my bloodsugar went down.Did help a little.everybody is different so there is no harm in trying it.

Hope this helps

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hello Rose,

Thanks for the suggestion,my cousin is a body and emotion code practitioner.I will contact her and see what she recommends.

regards David

• Posted

Hello David

I am currently reading the book om the Emotion Code.Would really appreciate it if you could let me know how successful this therapy was.I am so positive that it will work for you as it has for so many others.

Looking forward to hear about your progress

Regards

Rose

• Posted

Hello Rose,

Is the book The Emotional Code by Bradley Nelson,He recommends we all pray to God.Not quite up my street.

David

• Posted

Hello David

Yes it is the same book.Have you read it ?

Your health depends on the decisions you make..

He suggests before you ask the questions to ask God for guidance in getting the correct answer.At least you will know what is really wrong with you as apposed to a practitioner wildly  guessing and prescribing drugs which are more damaging to your body.You have to make a decision as to what is right for your body and put your opinions iro God aside.Its about getting better and healthier.

Emotions can be very harmful and can destroy us as we develop disease due to not taking stock of  our emotions and getting rid of the negatives in our life.From what I have read this Emotion code has turned most  people's lives around for the better.

Once you have the correct answer you can go to the doctor and get the correct script or therapy ..

You hold your health totally in your own hands..So it is up to ;you to make a decision.Good luck!

Rose

• Posted

Hi David,

My husband ,Gerald (86) has had RLS for about 5 years and it is getting worse. Like you, he is ok during the day moving around, but in the evening as soon as he sits down in front of the TV or in the cinema etc. it starts immediately. Like you, he has had scans, and been prescribed Ropinorole - it had bad side effects , did no good, and he had to stop it. He has been prescribed another drug, but is postponing taking it. Most of the drugs used for RLS are strong, and they affect people differently. Gerald is now trying alternative therapies e.g. Reflexology.

There is evidence from a small patient study done in 2011 that certain kinds of exercise ("positional release manipulation" (counterstrain) can be effective in lessening the symptoms of RLS, and I believe a larger university study is under way to test this more widely. They say it offers a new approach, eliminating the need for drugs, but it is at a very early stage.

Gerald is about to arrange sessions with an osteopath to try it out. But with RLS, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. We will post news of anything positive from these treatments. Exercise does seem to be helpful for quite a few people, but too much of the wrong kind makes RLS worse (apparently).

I do hope you find something soon that helps. I assume you've had your iron levels checked? (Low levels are linked to RLS). Also, if sleep is a problem, it's best to avoid caffeine and anything else (like using a laptop in the bedroom) that interferes with 'winding down'. Best wishes, Cynthia.

• Posted

Hello Cynthia,

Gerald has my sympathy.I can relate to his problem.

Iron levels have been  checked,I only drink decaff and the laptop is not used at night.I,ve tried to eliminate all the possible causes.

Thanks for all your pieces of info.

David

• Posted

Hello David 65065. I take Pramapexole. It does seem to help. I take it about 17.30 and by the time I go to bed it seems to have kicked in and I'm able to sleep. Thats not always the case though. Sometimes I'm up all night unable to control my RLS. It sems to take about an hour or two to take effect. I wonder if your giving it enough time.
    • Posted

Hello Thomas,

Your right to suggest that I give it more time,my GP,s thoughts are to keep taking the Pramapexole and see what happens long term.

regards

David

• Posted

you might think this is a stupid thing to try but a lot of people are getting all night relief by having an Orgasm. i had RLS in legs arms and started iron capsules and it helped but my suggestion is the only thing thing that helped bad RLS nights. it releases dopamine. there is research online I don't take their prescribed drugs for me it was to scary but tried everything after months of no sleep

good luck

• Posted

hi David, for me i use a magnesium spray. After reading some reviews about mainly sports people using it and even in one case his grandma using it for arthritis and working, i decided to give it a try. it definitely worked for about 3 months but now have to keep stopping it for a short while before it will work again but its the best thing ive ever used. Hope you get some relief too. just spray a few sprays all over your legs then massage in and after about fifteen mins or so the restlessness should completely disappear for a few hours.

• Posted

David, what spray, dose & where from? leave on or rinse off?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.