RLS

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have the burning feet mostly the right foot.After scans and an examination  the neurologist decided I have RLS.I,m taking pramipexole which to be honest doesn,t do much for me.Ropinirole was ruled out as I take other drugs that they would react with.

The strange thing for me is that standing no symptoms whatsoever as soon as I sit or lie down the burning starts immediately.

My GP is basically at a loss,can any out there help.

thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi David

I have restless leg syndrome. When I go raw vegan RLS completely disappears. By raw vegan I mean eating only raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. When I start eating cooked foods again RLS reappears again.

• Posted

I have struggled with restless legs too, the feeling of pent up energy is so annoying.

Some time ago, I found a solution, and it has not let me down. It's all to do with the soles of the feet (cricket rubbing does help this a bit.)

But a more reliable solution is to get a sock, tie it around the foot, with the knot against the sole. Pull it tight enough that you can feel the pressure of the knot (but don't go cutting off circulation!)

Now, when you get even a hint of leg energy, you can feel it fading into the sole of your foot. Adding a slight pressure on the know from the other foot can amplify this relief when needed, but for me, as soon as the sock is tied, the energy fades away.

I only need to put it on my right foot. Maybe one on each would be even more effective?

Oh, also walking for a few seconds with the knot there ( a little painful!) really helps drive home the feeling of the knot pressure when I get into bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.