alcohol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

please excuse im new to forum

Can someone please tell me how many units of alcohol is acceptable per week  with type 2 diabetes my doc has changed my tablets and reading sheet inside box frightens me i dont go over board but i like a few pints 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure what is considered acceptable. I am type 1, and with alcohol my blood sugars will increase but afterwards they will drop fast. So the most important thing to remember is that the levels will drop so eat a snack and make sure to check.
    • Posted

Thanks for info kara

but unlike you a and  lot more on forum  i do not take readings like sugar or blood levels im only on tablets this is why im worried about units im allowed

• Posted

Oh well it wouldn't hurt for you to get a glucose monitor it would probably put your mind at ease for where your sugar levels are. Im from Canada so I know here we can just ask the pharmacy for a monitor, maybe you should look into getting one. 
  • Posted

You have to watch it real close can go up and down real fast when you drink have had bad downs. Eat before or you will feel real bad.

thats what I have learned don't over do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.