Alcohol

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had one glass of red wine about 4 days after ny last metronidazole and was quite ill almost immediatedly

Any thoughts

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It’s been years since that happened to me but I was so I’ll  then im still  moved now to answer you! Yes that 72 hour waiting period is so very important. My doctor told me 48 hours (which is why I drank to early)after my ordeal I went to the pharmacist to tell what happened and my pharmacist told me very very sternly 72 hours is the minimum time you should wait. The liver can’t process or break down the alcohol like it does normally so it sends the alcohol back through your  blood stream as the same content it went in as. Very dangerous. I’m not a doctor but this was what I got from their ( the doctors) explanation to me. Maybe some body’s will metabolize the drug slower so it could be sticking around your body  longer it really depends on your personal metabolism and how fast your body gets rid of the metronidazole. Hope this helped I’ll never forget the pain vomiting and fear I went through. Hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.