alcohol abuse

Posted , 6 users are following.

I need help to stop binge drinking before i loose my family and job

any suggestions welcome

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I want to help -is alcohol harms the teeth.
  • Posted

Thanks peter i have just came off a 5day bender ive harmed more than my teeth.
  • Posted

brian4 i hope you are still linked to this post. try Allan Carrs Easyway to control alcohol ( not the comedian by the way!)...Im reading it as I have a high dependency but its got rave reviews from serious, long term hard drinkers who have not touched a drop since they read the book. keep an open mind and have a look at the reviews on Amazon. good luck
  • Posted

i would reccommend AA meeting, getting a sponsor, and doing the 12 steps.

Phone the helpline, go to your nearest meeting, get well.

08457697555. Best wishes

• Posted

ok Brian,  I'm in the same boat as you, I'm also looking for ways to sort this mess out, think it's best to stop altogether, I know it won't be easy, but help is out there, that's how I've just come across this site, wish I could drink normal, but at 36 years of age and already lost 1 family because of drinking and nearly about to lose another ( time to stop) good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.