Alcohol and Ear Buzzing

Posted , 6 users are following.

After I drink I usually hear a buzzing sound in my ear. Is this a symptom of alcohol withdrawal? Please advise.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

TOTALLY suprised...not at all heard of this before..sorry, but I cannot hlep. Perhaps others on this forum can help you..how often and how much do you drink please?? Robin
    • Posted

Hi Robin,

Had an episode of binge drinkig, so a few shots of vodka everynight for a couple days. Disappears when I take a nap and wake up, but is usually there after drinking, not early but after a couple shots go in I figured it was maybe an allergic.

-Brit

• Posted

Hi brit01

Sorry never heard of this. The only tenuous connection I can make is that drinking can be stressful (especially too much) stress make an existing condition called tinnitus worse. I suffer from tinnitus.

You need to see your gp, there are meds for this. Don't leave it untreated, it can get worse

Kind Regards

Julieanne

• Posted

Hi there,

I have read about tinnitus. But I figured if it isn't there when I am sober it's probably something that I wouldn't need to worry about. It is there after I am a few shots in, but usually disappears after I some sleep. I will get it checked out if I notice it while I am sober as well. Thanks for your words.

Brit

• Posted

I suffer Tinnitus - this actually sounds more an alergic reaction.  When I drink red wine, I sneeze 12 times in a row after the first glass.  Ears and nose are conneced.

The alcohol activates histamines.

• Posted

Hi Gwennie

Coo I didn't know alcohol could do that. What is the darn stuff not responsible for?

Hope you are well. We are both fine and enjoying life xx

• Posted

I sneeze after I'm in a couple of shots of vodka as well. The hear buzzing is there usually after I sneeze which means I am probably a few shots in. Doesn't happen earlier into drinking but usually late.

• Posted

Hello old bean (that is something we say when we are comfy with someone) - yeah my weekend bottle always starts me off with 12 sneezes - hubs always comments "do you have to sneeze so loudly" lol I am well and getting weller - got pink cheek again ha ha ha.  Glad you are both good and good chatting again - so quiet on here - miss the peeps.

luv G.

• Posted

Yeah where is everyone?

Glad life is treating you well too xx

💖💖💖💖

• Posted

Hi again brit

Looks like Gwen has the answer for you. Ignore my rambling. Hope alcohol isn't a problem for you

Kindest Regards

JulieAnne

• Posted

Glad to hear it - we need a Patient love in - cmon guys - hugs all round - we have all had to fight.
    • Posted

Always ready for a patient love in 😁 Our dinner party went really well. I had more units than hubby. Naltrexone is strange stuff indeed.

Going to bed now. Got work in the morning booo hate weekend working xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.