Alcohol and panic attacks and depression

Posted , 7 users are following.

Any advice from ex alcholics who have battled depression and panic attacks and anxiety. How should I quit

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

C3foundation on Google and check out videos. Medication try the Sinclair method 😁

• Posted

It's not uncommon for the alcohol itself to cause anxiety and depression. Robin has a good suggestion about The Sinclair Method, perhaps your doctor will have some suggestions and medication for the anxiety. Just getting rid  of the excess drinking could rectify it, but you may well need something in the interim. 

What country are you in, Tom?

• Posted

Tom, I truly truly feel your pain. Panic attacks and anxiety have almost ruined my life. The bad part is that when in a full blown panic just 1 drink/shot of vodka for ex. will immediately relieve the horror. THAT is the danger of drinking getting out of control. The replies are all correct too as alcohol can INCREASE anxiety. I also, nothing new, am an exception to the rule that if you have anxiety you have depression. I do not have any depression. I am very lucky to live in Florida where medical marijuana is available. I was very reluctant to try it because of the stigma but my doctor said the new sublingual drops and body lotion could be very helpful. So I gave it a try as the power drugs like Xanax ruin my day and I avoid them at all costs. Now with CBG (not daily...only as needed) and the TSM I'm doing so much better. (Just to be clear: I'm not recommending anything like 'pot' just the CBD in lotion or drops.) It's a terrible condition we share! The little devil in us!

• Posted

Judge just have a 100% honest reply and in great detail. Trying so hard and we all feel for you and Tom!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.