Alcohol and Smoking 4 weeks after Fistula(FiLAC) surgery!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I am not a regular smoker nor do i consume alcohol regularly( i generally drink and smoke cigarettes once a month, usually at a party).

I had FiLAC(Fistula-tract Laser Closure) surgery done on 17th June(2017) and havent smoked or consumed alcohol since!

Its almost 4 weeks since i had my surgery done and the wound is still healing(bleeds at times during BMs) (also, no surgical pain or wound pain whatsoever)!

I've been home since the past 4 weeks! Can I drink and smoke just for a night? How is it going to impact my healing? Any other complications?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, Chris, but only a qualified physician is going to be able to give you accurate answers to your questions.

I know this isn't what you are wanting to hear, but the best advice is to contact your doctor or your surgeon.

• Posted

hello Joanna, thank you for replying.

I contacted my doctor and she advised to drink in moderation and said strictly not to smoke as it would hamper the pace of wound healing!

• Posted

fully agree and medical advice is the best way forward. You must be feeling great albeit heling in between. Robin
  • Posted

any news for you Chris??
    • Posted

hello Robin, than you for replying.

My doctor advised to drink in moderataion and asked me to not smoke as it would hamper the pace of my wound healing!

• Posted

Hi Chris, I'm sure it will be ok but as others have advised get you go to give you a call to discuss it. 

• Posted

Hi Chris, how was your FiLac experience;

How did it go; What type of fistula did you have, how are the results so far and the experience; I am considering having it by the end of the month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.