Alcohol and Smoking 4 weeks after Fistula(FiLAC) surgery!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I am not a regular smoker nor do i consume alcohol regularly( i generally drink and smoke cigarettes once a month, usually at a party).

I had FiLAC(Fistula-tract Laser Closure) surgery done on 17th June(2017) and havent smoked or consumed alcohol since!

Its almost 4 weeks since i had my surgery done and the wound is still healing(bleeds at times during BMs) (also, no surgical pain or wound pain whatsoever)!

I've been home since the past 4 weeks! Can I drink and smoke just for a night? How is it going to impact my healing? Any other complications?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!  :D

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Chris, I hope all is well.

Although I cannot answer your question, I was wondering how the Filac op went for you cause I am thinking of having the same! Thanks in advance Dimitri

• Posted

I'm in the position would love to hear more. Where are you having it done potentially? 

• Posted

Hi Karen, I am having it in Greece.

I have a draining seton in situ, and I am waiting for an appointment with my CRS to potentially plan it.

How about you?

• Posted

I'm scheduled to have this done in 2 weeks. Can you please share your experience and recovery? 

Thank you truly appreciate it! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.