Skip to content

Surgery and Anaesthetics

Also known as Anaesthetics, Cosmetic Surgery, Female Sterilisation, Intubation, Sigmoidoscopy, Tubal Ligation

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Having Surgery Soon

Hi I am Samuel I am 19 this year I will be having my tumor removal on my shin in 2 weeks would be a 2 hour surgery. And I will be on bed rest for 2 days. I won't be given a catheter but will be given a bed urinal but I have bladder shyness. As I am in a open ward (around 6 in a room).told …

Last reply
  • Can adults be put under before going into the operating room ?

I am a 43 yo make with cerebral palsy. I fell at work June 21 and dislocated my shoulder. I also found out I have 2 full thickness tears in my rotator cuff. I will likely need surgery to repair it. Because of my CP, I have had quite a few surgeries, but they were all when I was a child.I know they …

Last reply
  • Trying to get breast reduction on NHS

Hi, I'm 27 and had big boobs ever since I can remember, I'm wearing a bra size 36G. But it's small on me and I measured myself and if my measurement is correct I should b a 38I. For one thing is a 36 band bra is just right so a 38 would be too big and I'm too embarrassed to go get …

Last reply
  • Anyone had eye surgery for blocked tear duct?

My eye doctor wants to "clip the tear duct" on my right eye, which is constantly dripping tears, and blurring my vision. Anyone here had this done, and are you glad you did? Was the end result positive? Any complications or side effects? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Waking up each morning truma following surgery

Hi nearly month ago I underwent major surgery where I was under anesthitic. I was very distressed leading up to the being doing under but came round in recovery with no issues. I was under for approx 2 hours. However when I wake up in the mornings I feel like either something is very wrong with me …

Posted
  • sterilised 2 years ago, nothing but pain since

hi i was sterilised 2years ago but had nothing but pain since. i have been in and out of hosptail had test ,but still in alot of pain , the pain seems to get traped in the right hand side of my tummy i have taken mst codeine phosphate tabs. but does not help the pain, can any one tell me …

Last reply
  • Just had pre op Thursday and no surgery date still.

Hi I recently went to my preop on Thursday, I was told that due to my risks (high blood pressure and blood clots) I would have to speak to the anesthetist so they can decide if I have to go to a hospital with a high dependency unit just incase anything happens, so now I'm thrown off by how long …

Posted
  • Am I eligible for a breast reduction under the NHS?

I am 18 years old with a bmi of 17.5. My height is around 5"4 and I weigh 7st 2Ib. Embarrassingly, I have a bra size of 28G. I have a very tiny frame with humungous heavy lumps on my chest that I struggle to carry. Back ache is an everyday fight and it's hard to keep bending down, …

Last reply
  • Scheduled for PCNL

I'm scheduled for PCNL in a month.  Has anyone dealt with having the tube inserted in radiology before with just a numbing shot?

Posted
  • Liposuction from London

Hi, I'm planning to undergo liposuction for the coming week. I had always felt that I was "heavier" in my thigh area and felt if I could just get the fat out of that area, my body would be more "proportioned". I was always doing exercises, relatively fit and toned. Always …

Last reply
  • big surgery, weak body... feeling apprehensive and overwhelmed

Hi everyone Ive been pretty much unwell with constant, unremitting Crohn’s for 15 years. I’m due to have an illeostomy in approximately 4 weeks time, I’ve been in a steroid dependant flare up for 17 months (each surgery attempt thus far has needed rescheduling due to infection, high temperature etc) …

Last reply
  • Can a spinal headache/csf leak heal on its own

I had a c section 9/1/17 Got the admitted to hosp with very bad headache They offered me the blood patch which I refused due to risks being told at the time I'd only suffer for 8 days made me refuse it Anyway 12 weeks on I've severe dizziness feel sick, pins and needles, weakness in arm, …

Last reply
  • Breast reduction

I have hard my surgery on October 12 of 2017 and im having a hard time with it I went for a 4d to I dont know yet my surgery keep telling me I have to wait a year to know what size im ok i understand that what I don't understand they dont look right and they hurt all the time they even keep me …

Last reply
  • My expreince 5 days from Hemorrhoid Surgery

I have a pretty unlucky situation, I discovered that I had Hemorrhoids three years ago and went to see a doctor . He said that the area is minimally swollen and that it was nothing to worry about. At the time it was a minor discomfort during bowl movement. Fast forward to now it devopled into …

Posted
  • Postoperative issues..Need some advice please

Hi my name is Jennifer, I am 51 stay at home mom.  This past Friday I was in the hospital for a endoscopic ultrasound.  I was intubated because the procedure took at least an hour.  Since Friday I have had a cough and chest congestion.  THey gave me an antibiotic called …

Posted
  • How can I get referred for female sterilisation at 21?

I have known for several years that I do not want children and after a long time of suffering painful periods due to contraception methods not suiting me and now being told that I am no longer allowed to stay on the combined pill which has been the most effective for me (4+ years) due to weight …

Last reply
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy appointment today

I went for my appointment for this procedure today. As I was very, very anxious, I was aggressive + was swearing at the poor nurse & then the sedation anaesthetist doc n doctors. I apologised n said sorry, It makes me aggressive when I'm scared, cos I read to many horror stories on here... …

Last reply
  • Hip Replacement

I am a 65 years young woman and I am having my right hip replaced May 7, I have had many many surgeries do to a work related accident over 12 years ago in which I almost lost my left arm. My surgeon was amazing and he will be doing my hip replacement as well.  Having said all this I am …

Posted
  • Surgery scar wont heal

Hi my name is Annie, im 40 years old! July 14 2017 i had planned surgery for permanent ileostomy! December 13 2017 had emergency surgery for obstruction because of scar tissu. Had infection in the incision and nurses were coming to my place to change packing everyday! I am still having lots of …

Posted
  • 50 year need cosmetic surgery

My name is Sandy and I am 50 years old. After my first child, I "swelled" up to a 34B, but my second child (whom I breastfed) deflated them right back down. I used to breastfeed her almost all hours. Due to my small breasts, my dresses are not up to my size. It's been long a time I …

Last reply
  • Sigmoidoscopy experience

I just wanted to put down my experience during sigmoidoscopy to hopefully reassure others going for this procedure.  I know there are a lot of negative experiences out there, but I don't think that these are the norm. I think if you have had a difficult experience you are more likely to …

Posted
  • Huge hematoma after hip bursectomy,

I have a huge hematoma from the point of surgery all the way down the side of my leg past my knee and in being the knee. Surgery was 12 days ago but this just seems to be getting bigger. GP says looks ok but think i might start pushing a bit harder. Slightly worried about it. Also ended up with a …

Posted
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy appointment

I read a few stories on this forum saying that the procedure is excruciatingly painful. I have rung the nurses a few times.. They know I'm worried & very anxious.. I have opted for the the sedation,, but unless you are knocked out, I think I will still feel it all. I really don't want …

Last reply
  • ENHANCE Aesthetic Arts - Cosmetic MediSpa services NY

Directed by renowned oculoplastic surgeon Dr. Irene Gladstein, ENHANCE Aesthetic Arts offers the latest cutting edge technologies, state of the art facilities, along with highly trained and certified staff to empower clients with the knowledge to make the right decisions about their beauty needs. …

Posted
  • Womb ablation and sterelization

OK so I'm due to have womb ablation surgery then sterilisation I'm not really happy about having it done I have fibroids tilted womb and they said my uterine cavity is ab normal looking anyway I have excess bleeding sometimes like 2 bleeding in a month usually after sex too also pain I am …

Posted
  • Nervous about impending sigmoidoscopy

I am scheduled to have a sigmoidoscopy very soon. I am nervous as I have never had one before. I am worried about the pain. I had an endoscopy before and while it wasn't painful, it was extremely uncomfortable. I had it without sedation and regretted it. Would you recommend sedation for a …

Last reply
  • sterlization

hi im just after some experiences of sterlization as im due to have mine done through lapscopic surgery thank you

Posted
  • Surgery pain and poor healthcare provided

I just had surgery Friday to remove a plate and 9 screws from my wrist. The pain is still pretty bad (6 days after) There is blood still leaking once in a while from one of the stitches. There is also burning pain where the stitches are, and the coloring all around the area, a big area, is all …

Posted
  • How long should recovery take after sterilisation?

Hi all, I was sterilised via key hole surgery a week tomorrow.  I'm a bit confused about how long recovery should take.  I was kept in overnight at the Hospital due to pain & had to be given Morphine.  I was discharged the following morning with no issue, other than being in …

Last reply
  • recovery

ive been to see about getting sterilised today and just waiting on a date to have it done but after reading others experiences on here I don't know whether to go ahead I'm 100%sure I don't want any more children but was told the pain goes after 2 days and will only be mild the gas is …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.