Skip to content
Ad

Surgery and Anaesthetics

Also known as Anaesthetics, Cosmetic Surgery, Intubation

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Small graze

I am due to have a total knee replacement on Friday, but last Friday evening I made a small "nick" in the skin on my finger, no more than 2mmx3mm.. It has scabbed over now, but, do I need to tell the pre op team..(haven't rung them yet because it is the weekend)..Im worried they might cancel...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • how to remove testicle prosthesis

my insurance dosent cover explants, so I am going to cut my implant out. However can't be rejected emergency care, so after cutting it, I will admit myself to ER (I live right next to a big god hospital. So this is going to happen one way or another, tomorrow or this weekend. I would appreciate...

Last reply
  • What is a general anaesthetic like?

Tomorrow I have a day operation which generally takes about an hour. However what I'm most worried about is the general anaesthetic. What is it like? Is it possible to dream during one? Can you hear? Can you think? I'm nervous that my thoughts before will be those of complete panic.

Last reply
  • Post op surgery

Hi,i had surgery on my forearm 2 months ago (cut cephalic vein,extensor tendon,radial nerve,broken extensor bone and a few other cuts),but.. 1month and 10 days after,i slipped on ice and hit my arm on the ground.i removed the cast 4 days before that. Is it possible that some of those tissues or vein...

Last reply
  • Small graze

I am due to have a total knee replacement on Friday, but last Friday evening I made a small "nick" in the skin on my finger, no more than 2mmx3mm.. It has scabbed over now, but, do I need to tell the pre op team..(haven't rung them yet because it is the weekend)..Im worried they might cancel...

Posted
  • Thoracic Surgery - Long-term pain from nerve damage

Has anyone suffered numbness and ongoing discomfort and pain following thoracic surgery? Its nearly 3 years since mine and I'm numb on the left side of my thorax, I get constant twisting and pulling sensations as well as stinging, burning and stabbing pains. I'm back on Gabapentin to try to ease...

Posted
  • Talonavicular bone fusion, third attempt.

About 10 years or so ago I jumped off a platform and landed badly on gravel. ER put my foot into a splint and had me see an 25 yr strong Ortodontist who claimed he specialized in feet, he told me I broke the hardest bone in my foot to break, then a three external PIN surgery that lasted an hour was done....

Posted
  • Surgical incision won’t heal

Hello i had surgery july 14, after a week infection started and the bottom part of the incision , nurses come to my place every second day to change the packing. After 2 months i noticed a bump in my belly button, the bump opened and infection started coming out! It then closed but after two weeks the...

Posted
  • Botox Parties: anyone been to one?

I've just been reading in the press about a bogus plastic surgeon, who is accused of leaving three women in agony and one permanently disfigured by giving 'dangerous' fake Botox injections. I've heard about Botox parties, where practitioners (who may or may not be suitably qualified)...

Posted
  • Colon removal

I had a consultation with a surgeon today, and honeslty i don't know what to think... i have 3 very narrowed parts of large colon because of my chron disease, he told me that my only option was to remove my colon and have a permanent ileostomy, and he may even remove my rectum too... should i get...

Last reply
  • Can a spinal headache/csf leak heal on its own

I had a c section 9/1/17 Got the admitted to hosp with very bad headache They offered me the blood patch which I refused due to risks being told at the time I'd only suffer for 8 days made me refuse it Anyway 12 weeks on I've severe dizziness feel sick, pins and needles, weakness in arm, visual...

Last reply
  • Pain on Surgical Site Years After Surgery

Hi, my mom had surgery to get rid of a uterine fibroid problem maybe over several years ago. I think it was an abdominal hysterectomy procedure. But ever since then, she has sometimes still to a varying degree experienced some kind of either discomfort or pain at the surgical site on movement. She sometimes...

Last reply
  • Bladder sling after surgery Retention

Just 2 weeks ago I had the TVT Sparc sling done laproscopic. Ever since surgery I have to catheterize myself 6 times a day. I can't pee on my own. He is giving it until next month. If I can't go on my own He says he will have to snip some. Anyone else not able to pee?

Last reply
  • Will my breast sag after the breast implant?

With or without the breast implant for breast augmentation Dubai, the patient’s own genetics work on lagging for gravity. Other factors include your body’s weight fluctuations and loss of elasticity as you elevate our age. It is always better to use quality undergarments in order to avoid sagginess of...

Posted
  • Alcohol and Smoking 4 weeks after Fistula(FiLAC) surgery!

Hello everyone! I am not a regular smoker nor do i consume alcohol regularly( i generally drink and smoke cigarettes once a month, usually at a party). I had FiLAC(Fistula-tract Laser Closure) surgery done on 17th June(2017) and havent smoked or consumed alcohol since! Its almost 4 weeks since i had...

Last reply
  • Trying to get breast reduction on NHS

Hi, I'm 27 and had big boobs ever since I can remember, I'm wearing a bra size 36G. But it's small on me and I measured myself and if my measurement is correct I should b a 38I. For one thing is a 36 band bra is just right so a 38 would be too big and I'm too embarrassed to go get measured...

Last reply
  • Support during Surgery

I dont know how to forgive.  My husband and I got into an argument the day before my surgery.  I said things i should not have, like I didnt want him there, and my boys were the ones i wanted to see before i went under anesthesia.  Of course I didnt mean it.  Does he ever take what...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy- 7 days post op

So many people here posted about their hemorrhoidectomy, I wanted to share my experience to help others as well. I am 40 year old female. Fairly healthy and fit. I have been suffering with hemmorhoids on and off for about 20 years. I come from a long line of hemmorhoids sufferers. My father, his 5 siblings...

Posted
  • Bladder numbness after spinal anaesthetic

Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone else has suffered with bladder numbness following a spinal Anaesthetic. I had my right hip replaced last year and my bladder has been virtually numb ever since. I can't feel when my bladder is full or when I need the ladies. I just get either mild sensations...

Last reply
  • Subtotal colectomy

Hi was just wondering if someone had a subtotal colectomy with end ileostomy done and if they were any complications after surgery. And they suggest that i wear a stoma belt to prevent a hernia, wich one is the best? Annie

Posted
  • Protruding navel after eating

I normally have a shallow navel, but after eating a large meal or being very full my belly button will stick out quite a bit. It isn't painful and after I am less full will resume it's normal shape. Why would this be? Is it a hernia? Or can it be normal for eating to cause your belly button to...

Posted
  • General Anaesthesia

I had an upper Gi done two days ago through general anaesthesia. I've been having bodyache all over since then and feeling weak. Is this a side effect of the anaesthesia? I've never had this before even though I've been through them several times. Even last month when I had my colonoscopy...

Posted
  • I have severe pain post op, no food for 8 days.

Last Tuesday, I had a cubital tunnel release and a medial epicondylectomy. I stayed the night at the hospital as I was far too drowsy and became unresponsive a few times. I was given medication but it made me too drowsy and I worried the doctors and nurses a lot . They didn't give me a nerve block...

Posted
  • Damaged toe

i have long toes (😂 - and have distal phalanx torn way in digit number 2.  Is there a surgeon I could discuss this with? I'm a bit of a chicken as never had an operation before... But told it may be good to get it sorted. anyone? Thanks.

Posted
  • Ankle Block for Tailor's Bunion surgery

I am having tailors bunion surgery later this month. I've done a bit of research as well as spoke to my podiatrist and I am aware of the procedure.  I'll be awake during the entire procedure as it's out patient, but the part that makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about, is the...

Last reply
  • Breast reduction on the NHS? Please help!!

Hello. I'm wondering if it would be possible for me/would I be considered for a breast reduction on the NHS? I live in Scotland, 5'3, 15 years old, of a slim build.. everything in proportion accept my breasts which don't fit my frame at all. My breasts are a 36F( which have stopped growing,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.