Skip to content

Surgery and Anaesthetics

Also known as Anaesthetics, Cosmetic Surgery, Female Sterilisation, Intubation, Tubal Ligation

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Surgery scar wont heal

Hi my name is Annie, im 40 years old! July 14 2017 i had planned surgery for permanent ileostomy! December 13 2017 had emergency surgery for obstruction because of scar tissu. Had infection in the incision and nurses were coming to my place to change packing everyday! I am still having lots of problem...

• Breast reduction

I have hard my surgery on October 12 of 2017 and im having a hard time with it I went for a 4d to I dont know yet my surgery keep telling me I have to wait a year to know what size im ok i understand that what I don't understand they dont look right and they hurt all the time they even keep me up...

• Huge hematoma after hip bursectomy,

I have a huge hematoma from the point of surgery all the way down the side of my leg past my knee and in being the knee. Surgery was 12 days ago but this just seems to be getting bigger. GP says looks ok but think i might start pushing a bit harder. Slightly worried about it. Also ended up with a very...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Surgery scar wont heal

Hi my name is Annie, im 40 years old! July 14 2017 i had planned surgery for permanent ileostomy! December 13 2017 had emergency surgery for obstruction because of scar tissu. Had infection in the incision and nurses were coming to my place to change packing everyday! I am still having lots of problem...

Posted
  • Breast reduction

I have hard my surgery on October 12 of 2017 and im having a hard time with it I went for a 4d to I dont know yet my surgery keep telling me I have to wait a year to know what size im ok i understand that what I don't understand they dont look right and they hurt all the time they even keep me up...

Posted
  • 50 year need cosmetic surgery

My name is Sandy and I am 50 years old. After my first child, I "swelled" up to a 34B, but my second child (whom I breastfed) deflated them right back down. I used to breastfeed her almost all hours. Due to my small breasts, my dresses are not up to my size. It's been long a time I have...

Last reply
  • Huge hematoma after hip bursectomy,

I have a huge hematoma from the point of surgery all the way down the side of my leg past my knee and in being the knee. Surgery was 12 days ago but this just seems to be getting bigger. GP says looks ok but think i might start pushing a bit harder. Slightly worried about it. Also ended up with a very...

Posted
  • ENHANCE Aesthetic Arts - Cosmetic MediSpa services NY

Directed by renowned oculoplastic surgeon Dr. Irene Gladstein, ENHANCE Aesthetic Arts offers the latest cutting edge technologies, state of the art facilities, along with highly trained and certified staff to empower clients with the knowledge to make the right decisions about their beauty needs. There...

Posted
  • Womb ablation and sterelization

OK so I'm due to have womb ablation surgery then sterilisation I'm not really happy about having it done I have fibroids tilted womb and they said my uterine cavity is ab normal looking anyway I have excess bleeding sometimes like 2 bleeding in a month usually after sex too also pain I am anemic...

Posted
  • Liposuction from London

Hi, I'm planning to undergo liposuction for the coming week. I had always felt that I was "heavier" in my thigh area and felt if I could just get the fat out of that area, my body would be more "proportioned". I was always doing exercises, relatively fit and toned. Always more...

Posted
  • sterlization

hi im just after some experiences of sterlization as im due to have mine done through lapscopic surgery thank you

Posted
  • Surgery pain and poor healthcare provided

I just had surgery Friday to remove a plate and 9 screws from my wrist. The pain is still pretty bad (6 days after) There is blood still leaking once in a while from one of the stitches. There is also burning pain where the stitches are, and the coloring all around the area, a big area, is all yellow....

Posted
  • How long should recovery take after sterilisation?

Hi all, I was sterilised via key hole surgery a week tomorrow.  I'm a bit confused about how long recovery should take.  I was kept in overnight at the Hospital due to pain & had to be given Morphine.  I was discharged the following morning with no issue, other than being in pain...

Last reply
  • recovery

ive been to see about getting sterilised today and just waiting on a date to have it done but after reading others experiences on here I don't know whether to go ahead I'm 100%sure I don't want any more children but was told the pain goes after 2 days and will only be mild the gas is the...

Posted
  • sterilization

i were sterilized a week ago today got no pain bit bruised tho iv constantly felt sick tho with a headache has anyone else experienced this  thankyou alex 

Last reply
  • Pain Since Sterilisation and Womb Ablation.

I have a beautiful Son who is now 7. I had sterilisation and a womb ablation in May last year and all I've had since is horrible stabbing/shooting pains on my lower right hand side in my tummy. I was even admitted to the Majors department in A&E as the pain is getting so bad, they thought that...

Posted
  • sterilised 2 years ago, nothing but pain since

hi i was sterilised 2years ago but had nothing but pain since. i have been in and out of hosptail had test ,but still in alot of pain , the pain seems to get traped in the right hand side of my tummy i have taken mst codeine phosphate tabs. but does not help the pain, can any one tell me if...

Last reply
  • Illiostomy surgery with a temperature?

hi all I wonder if anyone can help? im due to have surgery on Tuesday morning for Crohn’s - I’ve been really run down and unwell in myself, my crings is quite bad and I’ve got a bit of an ear infection but my temperature keeps skipping up to around 38.5 has anyone any idea if surgery will go she’d with...

Posted
  • Fistula surgery

I had surgery on an anal fistula and after the operation the doctor closed the cut with stitches.. today i went for medications and they found out i had a start of infection so im starting to take antibiotics...my question is what will happen now and how probable is it that things work out without needing...

Posted
  • Big screen....My goal

Hey everyone, I was born as a transgender I used to get many rejections from my family as I'm like this. I was thrown out from my home and I earned myself to reach my passion. My passion was to become a film actor. I entered the big screen by a reality show and gave my best performance. My dancing...

Posted
  • Surgery

I'm due gallbladder surgery tomorrow, I had a cold which has now gone, but I'm left with a dry cough, I don't have a temperature and I'm not coughing up mucus, it's just a normal dry cough from having a cold, and I feel well in myself, will I be okay to go ahead with surgery?

Posted
  • Surgery Scar open on skin level after stitches removed?

So i got my stitches on the bottom of my foot removed. I haven't cleaned my wound for 2 days after and then religiously began to do so. Im 1 week post getting the scars removed and i noticed that the skin level is open by about a mm. (The scar is 2 cm long) I cant see flesh and theres no bleeding,...

Posted
  • What is a general anaesthetic like?

Tomorrow I have a day operation which generally takes about an hour. However what I'm most worried about is the general anaesthetic. What is it like? Is it possible to dream during one? Can you hear? Can you think? I'm nervous that my thoughts before will be those of complete panic.

Last reply
  • Post-surgery recovery after groin/scrotal cyst

Hi - I have had a lump in my groin for some years, and was assured it was a harmless cyst. Then a year ago it got infected and I was admitted as an emergency for a very painful case of cellulitis (fever, tachycardia, scrotum the size of a small melon). A year on there was still a microscopic hole and...

Last reply
  • Sterilisation

Bin sterlized 9 years nearly 10 and for last 7 had nothing expect problems bin to my gp who now reversed me back to gynaecologist about reversal and any one else had same 

Posted
  • heavy periods after sterilisation

I was sterilised last year and I've had these shooting pains since. Leaving me curled in a ball when I'm on. I had them clip things on my tubes. Just wondering if anybody else suffers from these pains or is it just me?

Last reply
  • Sterilisation reversal NHS

Hi I've just turned 38 and so desperately want another child. I was sterilised approx 6/7 years ago whilst in a relationship with an older man ( 14 yrs my senior) and he pressurised me into having the sterilisation done. Also at the time of this I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and really don't...

Last reply
  • sterilition

Been streilized since 2014 got done after my last child and now i regret it I'm 38 next month and really want another baby ever since i got sterilized I've had nothing but itchy and sore nipples and my stomach as been bloting up as if I'm pregnant I've not been to the doctors with it...

Last reply
  • Bladder numbness after spinal anaesthetic

Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone else has suffered with bladder numbness following a spinal Anaesthetic. I had my right hip replaced last year and my bladder has been virtually numb ever since. I can't feel when my bladder is full or when I need the ladies. I just get either mild sensations...

Last reply
  • Trying to get breast reduction on NHS

Hi, I'm 27 and had big boobs ever since I can remember, I'm wearing a bra size 36G. But it's small on me and I measured myself and if my measurement is correct I should b a 38I. For one thing is a 36 band bra is just right so a 38 would be too big and I'm too embarrassed to go get measured...

Last reply
  • how to remove testicle prosthesis

my insurance dosent cover explants, so I am going to cut my implant out. However can't be rejected emergency care, so after cutting it, I will admit myself to ER (I live right next to a big god hospital. So this is going to happen one way or another, tomorrow or this weekend. I would appreciate...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.