Labrum shoulder surgery pain.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ill make it short and sweet. I had a posterior labral tear repair done yesterday. Im still pretty numb from the nerve block and been taking percocet regularly to prepare for when it wears off. my question is how bad was yall pain after surgery? was it unbearable? minor? achy pain? how long did that initial surgery pain last?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a SLAP tear and chose to use no pain killers. Not even OTC.

I highly recommend an ice water circulator which is what I used. I bought mine for about $150 on Amazon with the proper body part (shoulder, knee, foot, etc) accessory.

I used a fee 1 lb. deli meat containers to make blocks of ice that would last many hours in the device on low circulation.

With meds, your out when the pills are gone and you could have withdrawal. With the circulator, if you take care of it (drain it well), you can use for years and on other injuries with other attachments (knee, foot, etc).

My physical therapist had a jacket I'd wear post sessions that had the same effect. Felt soooooo good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.