Breast reduction NHS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been suffering with really bad back pain because of my breasts (I'm a 32g). My GP referred me to see a surgeon quite quickly. During my consultation he said I was a very good candidate and said I actually matched more of the criteria than I thought I did. Only thing is as I smoke I need to quit first and as I haven't had physio I would also need to have this. The surgeon said he would give me 4 months to quit and get some physio to help with the pain in the mean time then I would need to come back for another consultation so I could be put on a waiting list. Unsure if this means it's been aporoved/will be approved given i quit smoking? Also how long did people wait to have the operation after the consultation? I got my consultation really quickly so I'm hoping it won't be long if I'm accepted!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I probably won't be much helpful. I had breast reduction abroad, so I payed for it myself.  I used to smoke but I quit one year before I had surgery. For me it was quite fast process, I think I had operation 2 - 3 months since the consultation at Forme Clinic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.